A French research group has used the iPad 2's front facing camera to enable the tablet to display 3D images without the need to wear glasses.
LG has announced the launch of its G-Slate Android tablet, which will run Google Android's 3.0 Honeycomb software specifically designed for larger screened tablet devices.
3D has come to the iPad. Sort of. Florida-based kode80 has announced an update to its HoloToy application for iPad iTunes link) that gives the app a simulated 3D effect. How does HoloToy's 3D effect work? It creates perspective based on the angle of...
University and hospital researchers have taken a cue from the gaming industry by using 3D video graphics chips to develop a parallel software platform that can speed the processing times, in this case for medical digital imaging, by 10 to 1,000 times...
Sony on Thursday unveiled an impressive 3D display that can be viewed from any direction. The screen, development of which was announced earlier this week, is on show until Sunday at the DC Expo in Tokyo.
QUESTION: I want to use touch to control my Windows 7 Home Premium PC. Is it as simple as plugging in a touchscreen display? I'd also like to view a 3D image - will I need a new graphics card?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW