Google rolled out a number of cool products this year, but not all of them can be home runs. Here's a look at the best and worst of Google this year.
From blinking lights and punch cards to LCDs and 3D flat panels, we trace the 70-year history of the tech that users rely on to see what a computer is doing.
Since its founding in 1946, Sony has produced some of the biggest hits in consumer electronics. Brand names like Walkman, Handycam and Trinitron helped define the company as a giant in the industry and more recent hits like Cybershot, Vaio, Bravia and PlayStation have helped keep it there. But no success story is failure-free. Let's take a look back at some Sony products that didn't win consumers' hearts and minds.
Gamers dress as zombies to raise awareness about the lack of an R18+ rating for video games in Australia
The HTC Desire was launched recently at a late afternoon BBQ event at Star City’s Astral restaurant. In September, Vodafone Hutchinson Australia (VHA), the umbrella company for Vodafone and 3 retail franchises, revealed it had nabbed exclusive rights to sell the Desire HD. At the event, the company announced it would hold this exclusive Australian distribution right “forever” and would not be selling the phone outright. HTC Desire, the earlier version of the Desire HD, was made exclusive to Telstra at launch in April and has since experienced a high level of success. The phone uses Google’s Android OS and is free with Vodafone and 3 on a $59 monthly plan.
Craving a new camera for the holiday season? The hottest new cameras, camcorders, and accessories of the year were all on display at the 2010 PDN PhotoPlus Expo in New York City.
If you're ever bored, you can while away the hours by looking at Google's auto-suggestions. Simply type a word or two -- or even a letter -- in the search box and see what popular searches Google suggests for you. Here are some of the funniest, weirdest and sickest suggestions we've seen to date.
Check out the following slides for a list of nine valuable applications for the BlackBerry Torch 9800. Best of all: You’ll never have to open your wallet; all of these BlackBerry apps are free.
Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, you've no doubt heard about the impending PlayStation Phone -- a smartphone designed for gaming.
Yes, people who think that it's okay to put 100 graphs on one slide do exist. Learn from these top 10 tips how not to make PowerPoint slides for your next big meeting.
In 2007, many pundits were expressing disappointment that Google was only releasing an open-source mobile operating system rather than a smartphone of its own design to compete with Apple’s just-released first-generation iPhone.
Gigabyte's new 6 Series motherboards will support the second generation Intel Core processors (codenamed Sandy Bridge) as well as USB 3.0, SATA 6Gbps and CrossFire X.
We take a look at the some of the amazing robot vacuum cleaners you can buy to clean your house!
Huawei invited journalists to a mobile broadband transmission demonstration to show of its new radio transmission equipment. <br><br> The vendor is particularly excited about its hitless adaptive modulation (AM) technology, which can maintain good quality data or voice transmission even in terrible weather conditions. <br><br> According to Huawei, telcos have been in all week to check its gear out for possible upgrades to existing mobile transmission towers. <br><br> The vendor would not disclose whether it is in discussion with NBN Co to adopt the technology for the National Broadband Network (NBN). <br><br> Huawei has been spruiking its new radio transmission equipment as "future-proof" as it accommodates for mobile standards beyond the pure IP Long Term Evolution (LTE).
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is one of the world’s leading innovators of technology in robotics, planning and gadgets. ARN visited its media lab to find out what the teams are working on – and what you may soon see in stores near you.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mass Effect: Andromeda hands-on preview: A new space opera built on old ideas
- 15 First Impressions of Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Why AMD had to change the Zen name to Ryzen for its new chip architecture
- Samsung starts production of new 10-nm Exynos 9 Series chip
- Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- FTData AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- CCService Designer (CX)NSW
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW