Since its founding in 1946, Sony has produced some of the biggest hits in consumer electronics. Brand names like Walkman, Handycam and Trinitron helped define the company as a giant in the industry and more recent hits like Cybershot, Vaio, Bravia and PlayStation have helped keep it there. But no success story is failure-free. Let's take a look back at some Sony products that didn't win consumers' hearts and minds.
Gamers dress as zombies to raise awareness about the lack of an R18+ rating for video games in Australia
The HTC Desire was launched recently at a late afternoon BBQ event at Star City’s Astral restaurant. In September, Vodafone Hutchinson Australia (VHA), the umbrella company for Vodafone and 3 retail franchises, revealed it had nabbed exclusive rights to sell the Desire HD. At the event, the company announced it would hold this exclusive Australian distribution right “forever” and would not be selling the phone outright. HTC Desire, the earlier version of the Desire HD, was made exclusive to Telstra at launch in April and has since experienced a high level of success. The phone uses Google’s Android OS and is free with Vodafone and 3 on a $59 monthly plan.
Craving a new camera for the holiday season? The hottest new cameras, camcorders, and accessories of the year were all on display at the 2010 PDN PhotoPlus Expo in New York City.
If you're ever bored, you can while away the hours by looking at Google's auto-suggestions. Simply type a word or two -- or even a letter -- in the search box and see what popular searches Google suggests for you. Here are some of the funniest, weirdest and sickest suggestions we've seen to date.
Check out the following slides for a list of nine valuable applications for the BlackBerry Torch 9800. Best of all: You’ll never have to open your wallet; all of these BlackBerry apps are free.
Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few weeks, you've no doubt heard about the impending PlayStation Phone -- a smartphone designed for gaming.
Yes, people who think that it's okay to put 100 graphs on one slide do exist. Learn from these examples how not to make PowerPoint slides for your next big meeting.
In 2007, many pundits were expressing disappointment that Google was only releasing an open-source mobile operating system rather than a smartphone of its own design to compete with Apple’s just-released first-generation iPhone.
Gigabyte's new 6 Series motherboards will support the second generation Intel Core processors (codenamed Sandy Bridge) as well as USB 3.0, SATA 6Gbps and CrossFire X.
We take a look at the some of the amazing robot vacuum cleaners you can buy to clean your house!
Huawei invited journalists to a mobile broadband transmission demonstration to show of its new radio transmission equipment. <br><br> The vendor is particularly excited about its hitless adaptive modulation (AM) technology, which can maintain good quality data or voice transmission even in terrible weather conditions. <br><br> According to Huawei, telcos have been in all week to check its gear out for possible upgrades to existing mobile transmission towers. <br><br> The vendor would not disclose whether it is in discussion with NBN Co to adopt the technology for the National Broadband Network (NBN). <br><br> Huawei has been spruiking its new radio transmission equipment as "future-proof" as it accommodates for mobile standards beyond the pure IP Long Term Evolution (LTE).
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is one of the world’s leading innovators of technology in robotics, planning and gadgets. ARN visited its media lab to find out what the teams are working on – and what you may soon see in stores near you.
"I looked beyond the veil of human understanding, and what I saw drove me to madness..."
Last night, nefarious members of Australia's technology press converged at the CBD Bar, Sydney, for a Halloween Party thrown by PR firm Max Australia, whose clients include NetApp, Fuji-Xerox, Belkin and Symantec.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Should I drill a hole into my iPhone 7 to give it a headphone jack?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT