Microsoft hosts event to showcase what's in store for Christmas
You say you want a revolution? These products and services are changing the way we work at our desks and on the road.
Data centers gobble up energy and generate heat, but here are some data centers that try to do it with their own flair
IBM recently launched its Portable Modular Data Centre solution in Australia. The unit is basically a self-contained datacentre located in a mobile shipping container. Prices range from US$700,000 to US$3 million, with site preparation and installation services not included. The launch follows similar product offerings by rivals such as Sun Microsystems (now owned by Oracle) in Australia over the past few years.
There may be an iPhone app for this and that and everything else, but unsatisfied modders are hacking into iOS devices to make them do all kinds of new tricks.
Cisco Subnet blogger Scott Hogg names his favorite free open source tools to keep your network humming.
In the U.S., the first Windows Phone 7 smartphones will be available on AT&T and T-Mobile beginning in November
There was plenty of phones, even more slides, a list of important speakers and some glamour and hullabaloo as Microsoft launched Windows Phone 7 in AUstralia.
Rockstar Games will soon release the hotly anticipated Undead Nightmare DLC for its action adventure game Red Dead Redemption. The Undead Nightmare Pack promises to make ‘ghost towns and cemeteries come alive in a West gone horribly wrong”. Check out the rest of the slideshow for the latest pictures.
How to spot -- and take down -- the six most nefarious adversaries of IT
This year, BenQ plans to break into the Australian camcorder market with a range of affordable, self-branded digital video cameras. Each model in the BenQ camcorder range features Full HD video recording (1080x1920p), plus unique features such as dual SD card slots and 3D capabilities on select models only.
These free and open source applications for Windows, Linux, and Mac desktops put power into the hands of users without taking from their wallets
Though definitions of "Internet meme" vary, it is basically a piece of digital content that spreads rapidly online, mutating as various people alter its details before passing it along via message boards, forums, or e-mail.
In light of Capcom's Dead Rising 2 releasing this week for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC, we look back at notable video games featuring the undead over the past 25 years, including absolute trainwrecks like Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green and ground-breaking horror games like Resident Evil.
When sex doesn't sell.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT