Today (in the US, at least) is the eighteenth birthday of Intel's Pentium microprocessor architecture. It has enjoyed a childhood filled with attention, a few difficult pre-teen years and a quiet but studious adolescence. Now that the Pentium has come of age, we're taking a quick look back at its past.
Share, save and savor all things social with these nine free Google Android apps, hand-picked by CIO.com's mobile maestro, Al Sacco.
-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is without a doubt one of the most highly anticipated games of 2011. It's the follow-up to Bethesda's smash hit The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and we're all salivating at the prospect of getting our hands on it come November 11. While you've still got months of waiting ahead of you, whet your appetite on the screenshots and concept art released by Bethesda.
Microsoft's IE9 provides a browsing experience that even Chrome and Firefox users may find compelling.
Seven ways the iPad 2 is better than Motorola Xoom
It's sometimes said that a journalist is a drinker with a writing problem, and it's true that -- from time to time, and strictly in moderation -- we enjoy the odd beverage. We decided to bring together both our professional and recreational lives, rounding up some of the greatest drinking gadgets out there. So raise a glass (or two) to some of these ingenious creations.
Apple's new iPad 2 is faster, thinner and lighter than its predecessor, and is powered by an Apple-designed dual-core processor.
Are you considering the iPad 2 as your first iPad? An iPad, unplugged, is a welcome contrast to the communications-driven iPhone. Take our tour of cool apps that take advantage of the iPad's leisurely user experience.
Today is an important day, although you might not have realised. It's the 25th anniversary of the Japanese release of the first Legend of Zelda video game on the Famicom. To celebrate, we've pulled together a bit of a retrospective on the series, covering everything from the original to the latest Spirit Tracks and the upcoming The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
With more than 80 million users worldwide, LinkedIn has established itself as the premier social networking site for professionals. If you're job searching, looking to broaden your network or hunting for new partnerships, these 10 tips and tricks will propel you toward success.
Looking for an apartment to rent or wondering what the latest global health crisis is? Look no further than Google Maps. Many professional and part-time map addicts have created useful Google Maps mashups that show you (in real time, or at least in near-real time) the latest information for a variety of subjects, including the latest happenings on Twitter, news from the Associated Press, and even the most recently reported UFO sightings. Check out these ten Google Maps mashups to be in the know before anybody else.
Android 3.0 is a new version of the Android platform that is specifically optimised for tablet devices. Dubbed "Honeycomb", Android 3.0 has a completely redesigned interface that aims to take advantage of the larger screen of a tablet. These new UI features include an "action bar", a contextual option group displayed at the top of the screen, five customisable home screens, recent apps for easier multitasking, a redesigned on-screen keyboard, a new browser and an improved copy and paste function and much more. Check out the latest screenshots from Google.
At CES 2011, Samsung unveiled over 40 new LED, LCD and plasma TVs. We've cherry-picked the coolest models and accessories and taken a closer look.
It's been almost nine years since the Disney-Square crossover Kingdom Hearts debuted on the PlayStation 2 and the series has developed a strong following in the near decade since. To celebrate the release of Kingdom Hearts Re:coded, we've unearthed the following 10 strange facts about the franchise.
Since Google began mapping the world with Google Earth and Street View, an entire pastime--Google mystery hunting and debunking--has cropped up.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Store has slashed the Asus ZenBook Flip's price by $200
- Zenimax wants to block Oculus Rift headset sales, Gear VR games
- Cerise Circular review: This Mac Pro wannabe gets sidetracked by gaming
- Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Team Leader | ArchitectQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW