If you're stuck at work until 5PM, and can't get home to play Portal 2 -- even if you've got an early copy -- feast your eyes on a couple of screenshots from the game's first 10 minutes. We put ourselves through the strenuous exercise of playing the game mere seconds after it was released, purely for your sake: you'll get to see the game's opening scenes, as well as a few snippets from some early test chambers.
A DIY guide to securing Android-based devices
Eight notorious apps from gambling to baby shaking that were yanked from app stores.
Calling all sports fans: Check out these 10 great apps for Google Android and Apple iPhone that will keep you up to date on your favorite sport or team while on the go. And save your spending money for the ballpark.
The Apple iPad 2 improves on the original iPad with more processing and graphics power, and some nifty features like a built-in gyroscope and accelerometer. The best way to show off these new features is by playing a bunch of fun games — we've put together a list of the top 10 titles to show off your iPad 2. Make anyone with an original iPad jealous, and convince your tablet-less friends to pick one up!
It's official -- get ready for more pill-popping, shell-dropping, motion-stopping Max Payne. We've grabbed some in-game screenshots of the still-being-produced Max Payne 3 off Rockstar, so enjoy.
2011 is promising some pretty impressive gaming titles, but will they be everything they're vaunted to be? We've picked out six titles we think will disappoint gamers this year. We're not saying they won't be good -- but we don't think they'll be as good as they're being hyped up to be, whether it's by marketers or by rabid fanboy gamers.
There have already been some big name game releases in 2011 -- LittleBigPlanet 2, Dragon Age 2 -- but there's plenty more goodness to come. We've rounded up the top 10 video games that we want to get our hands on. It's extremely hard to cull the list of forthcoming releases down to just 10, so feel free to chime in with your outrage that we left out <b>Gears of War 3 oh how could you do that and what no Deus Ex: Human Revolution you incompetent journalists</b>. Etcetera, etcetera. Disturbingly, the list is very sequel-heavy
2010 saw some great games released from big publishers, but independent producers also brought plenty of amazing concepts into public view. We've picked out what we thought were the five most interesting, innovative and downright fun indie games of 2010.
Today (in the US, at least) is the eighteenth birthday of Intel's Pentium microprocessor architecture. It has enjoyed a childhood filled with attention, a few difficult pre-teen years and a quiet but studious adolescence. Now that the Pentium has come of age, we're taking a quick look back at its past.
Share, save and savor all things social with these nine free Google Android apps, hand-picked by CIO.com's mobile maestro, Al Sacco.
-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is without a doubt one of the most highly anticipated games of 2011. It's the follow-up to Bethesda's smash hit The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and we're all salivating at the prospect of getting our hands on it come November 11. While you've still got months of waiting ahead of you, whet your appetite on the screenshots and concept art released by Bethesda.
Seven ways the iPad 2 is better than Motorola Xoom
Microsoft's IE9 provides a browsing experience that even Chrome and Firefox users may find compelling.
It's sometimes said that a journalist is a drinker with a writing problem, and it's true that -- from time to time, and strictly in moderation -- we enjoy the odd beverage. We decided to bring together both our professional and recreational lives, rounding up some of the greatest drinking gadgets out there. So raise a glass (or two) to some of these ingenious creations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AdventedgeVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC