RIM recently released a major software update for its BlackBerry PlayBook that enables it to run Android applications. Android-on-the-PlayBook pickings are somewhat slim right now, but there are some quality apps out there if you know where to look, starting with these 10 great free downloads.
Big Boys Toys exhibition tempts your inner child
All the highlights from RSA Conference 2012
Apple's iPhone and iPad may have been built for consumers, but the folks in Cupertino correctly guessed that what's good for consumers is good for businesses. The only stumbling block may be the growing volume of apps available: more 140,000 natively for the iPad and over 500,000 that work on the iPhone and iPad. Here are 25 go-to iOS apps for business users, from travel planning to document editing using Microsoft Office tools to time tracking to getting a good night's sleep.
Software keyboards have come far, but sometimes the best way to tackle work on the go is to use a physical keyboard.
Highlights from this week’s big show in Barcelona
To commemorate the upcoming release of the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video game by Activision Blizzard, toymaker and owner of the Transformer license, Hasbro, is planning to release toys based on characters in the game.
The Sydney Gamers League (SGL) recently held its LAN event at Rosehill Gardens Exhibition Center in Sydney.
From the teensy Galaxy Note to the Motorola Xoom, tablet computers come in all sizes. All prices are in $US.
Telstra is today celebrating 25 years since it launched Australia's first hand-held mobile phone, the Walkabout TM.
Garry Kasparov battled IBM's Deep Blue 16 years ago in February, but that was just the beginning
These enhancements include exotic skins, clever devices for transferring files, great ways to game with your phone or tablet, and more.
Sony held it's PS Vita launch party in Sydney... on a barge no less.
Apple says its latest Mac OS X version will be released this [southern ] winter; here's a look at what to expect.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30 is the perfect companion when travelling, thakns to its versatile Leica lens.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Nissan, Renault tout plans to make 10 autonomous vehicles by 2020
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 update
- Apple Watch Nike+ hits the ground running on Oct. 28
- Portrait Camera now available for iPhone 7 as Apple releases iOS 10.1 update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- TPSenior Configuration Management SpecialistNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSAP GRC ConsultantACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTSenior Wintel System EngineerWA
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW