CIO.com's Al Sacco rounds up the 12 best high-end smartphones available this (northern hemisphere) summer season, from handset makers Samsung, Motorola, Apple, HTC, Nokia and more.
With ex-Google honcho Marissa Mayer taking the reins of Yahoo this week, she joins other prominent females in leadership roles at some of the tech industry's largest companies
We check out some of the Mozilla Firefox 14 browser's new features
Which of today's newest shipping technologies will cast the longest shadow over business computing? Here are our best guesses.
Whether at home or abroad, using your smartphone or tablet can make any vacation better. Here are 10 travel apps that will help you smooth out preparations for your next trip.
We unbox Google's Nexus 7 Android tablet.
Not to be outdone by athletes at this summer’s Olympic games, techies have been setting some world records of their own of late.
From remote Google Calendar access to auto-declining appointments, here are 6 tips and tricks that will keep you focused, organized and productive.
Microsoft has released a beta version of its upcoming Office 2013 suite. We take a tour of the revamped interface and the most useful new features.
The year is just a little more than half over, but we've already seen an explosion of innovative tech. Here's a look at the best of what is out so far in phones, tablets, HDTVs, cameras, and more.
Even with all the online storage now available, sharing files with colleagues can still be a problem. We look at 10 online services -- including Dropbox, Google Drive and YouSendIt -- that can help you upload and/or download your data.
Mobile business applications will keep your employees connected to the real-time data that helps them make key business decisions. These 10 apps are more than just colorful charts and graphs.
Android tablets often get overshadowed by Apple's mighty iPad and have to fight for market share - and attention from developers. But there are some great Android apps optimized for tablets out there. Here areour picks for the top 10.
The coming wave of techie headgear
50 years ago NASA launched Telstar the world’s first communications satellite
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Elgato's Stream Deck is a programmable LCD control center that makes game streaming easy
- Facebook starts warning U.S. users when they're sharing fake news
- Why I'm addicted to Mass Effect: Andromeda's gorgeous, secret Nvidia super-screenshots
- Corsair One review: Small, fast, and surprisingly quiet
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCExecutive SupportWA
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Strategist and AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTData Analyst LeadSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- CCChange & Deployment ManagerVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- FTDeployment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator - OracleQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTICT Business Development Manager - Technical Products/SolutionsQLD
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW