50 years ago NASA launched Telstar the world’s first communications satellite
We take a look at the best Android accessories you might actually use.
15 Products Google Has Killed
With the popularity of smartphones and tablets among workers, IT departments are trying to accommodate the influx of consumer tech - and manufacturers are trying to help. Here are some consumer devices that have been tweaked for the enterprise - and the software that's being used.
The applications, devices and services that have changed the way we do business often started as small-scale alternatives to the status quo. Now we can't survive without them.
In 21 years, Apple's reinvented Mac OS has pushed computing in vibrant new directions. Now a new version is imminent
We take a closer look at Google's latest version of Android, 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Have we found the God particle??
Among a bounty of flops, flubs, and faceplants, Cringely picks tech's 10 biggest blunders we've seen in the first half of the year
A look at the coolest products and concepts coming out of this year's CE Week.
As the new Intel Ivy Bridge processors were unveiled so were a flurry of ultrabooks, here are eight that are worth a closer look.
Google unveiled two new products at its I/O developer conference: the Nexus 7 tablet and Project Glass. Here's a look at how some of Google's other famous projects got their start.
We showcase 11 apps for iPhones, Android and other devices that can help travelers with flights, hotels and sightseeing around the world.
With demand for Apple products seemingly at an all-time high in Australia, the company behind the wildly popular iPhone, iPad and MacBook products unveiled another dedicated Apple Story in Sydney's Broadway district.
The Android Developer Sandbox is the place to be if you want to see the hottest Android-based projects. Here's what we liked.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW