The iPhone 5 is here, so it’s time to start loading it up with apps.
We live in explosively innovative times for tablet computing and mobile apps. But it didn't all happen overnight. Most attempts to build a tablet-like computer, going back to the '70s, were not successful. Yet every failure was a lesson learned that led us to the iPad. Here's a look back at how the modern tablet came to be.
Spring (southern hemisphere) is here, and PC gaming is about to heat up. Starting with Borderlands 2 (pictured here), there's a bevy of new games coming to PCs this fall, and many of them look good enough to merit serious attention. From complex tactical strategy games to fast-paced, modern military shooters and everything in between, chances are there's a game coming out soon that will be perfect entertainment for all your holiday "down time." Have a look at this gallery, and tell us what you think in the comments section. Did we forget any critical nuggets of awesomeness?
Microsoft is aiming to make a splash on October 26 with the debut of Windows 8, but most businesses aren’t leaping to upgrade right away. If you’re planning to run Windows 7 for a while, but you still need to buy hardware today, one of these laptops could be just right for you or the staff you manage. We put a clutch of Ultrabooks and lightweight laptops with good battery life to the test to help you pick the perfect machine for your workplace.
Intel's hardware partners recently showed off their mid-range Windows 8 hybrid devices at a Clover Trail coming-out party. Now we reveal the hardware in all its photographic splendor.
Consider them PC peripherals on the periphery of industrial design.
Australia's largest video game exbition, EB Expo, was recently held at Sydney's Olympic Park
Just because computers are one big exercise in evolutionary progress, that doesn't mean certain computing maxims ever go out of style.
We take a first look at the Samsung Galaxy Note II.
Designers and others take their best guesses at what Apple might have up its sleeve with smaller iPad tablet
From Apple, to Symantec and Anonymous, lots of people, companies and groups influence the IT security world
At a Clover Trail coming-out party, Intel showed off its mid-range Windows 8 hybrid devices. Here's a look at the features of some of the new Clover Trail devices that make them a winning choice for your next travel PC.
Be sure to have these apps to get the most office productivity possible from your iPad
If staying organized is difficult at your desk, it's nearly impossible when you're traveling. These 10 apps will help you manage your to-do list, keep tabs on the office and find your way to that lunch meeting.
Motorola has officially unveiled its RAZR HD and RAZR M smartphones in Australia.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- FTAccount Executive - SMENSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationACT
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceACT
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT