Google releases new information on its enormous computing infrastructure
With recent negative reports from Gartner and Zenoss, it seems “dump on open source Cloud” season is open. For those quick to point the finger at some of these technologies that may not have the market share some expect, it would be good to remember that without open source, it would be difficult to have a Cloud at all.
Given that MIT in the US is now working on a safer prototype for autonomous vehicles, using communications technology to expand the cars’ field of vision, these vehicles may make the leap from science fiction to reality sooner than previously thought. Driverless cars have already been legalised in California and Nevada, and Google says we’ll see them on the road in five years. Here are the prototypes that have helped the industry get to this point.
A broad screen, and that keyboard is like something you've never seen
Apple, Cisco, Microsoft and Google among those bidding farewell to products
The iPhone 5 is here, so it’s time to start loading it up with apps.
We live in explosively innovative times for tablet computing and mobile apps. But it didn't all happen overnight. Most attempts to build a tablet-like computer, going back to the '70s, were not successful. Yet every failure was a lesson learned that led us to the iPad. Here's a look back at how the modern tablet came to be.
Spring (southern hemisphere) is here, and PC gaming is about to heat up. Starting with Borderlands 2 (pictured here), there's a bevy of new games coming to PCs this fall, and many of them look good enough to merit serious attention. From complex tactical strategy games to fast-paced, modern military shooters and everything in between, chances are there's a game coming out soon that will be perfect entertainment for all your holiday "down time." Have a look at this gallery, and tell us what you think in the comments section. Did we forget any critical nuggets of awesomeness?
Microsoft is aiming to make a splash on October 26 with the debut of Windows 8, but most businesses aren’t leaping to upgrade right away. If you’re planning to run Windows 7 for a while, but you still need to buy hardware today, one of these laptops could be just right for you or the staff you manage. We put a clutch of Ultrabooks and lightweight laptops with good battery life to the test to help you pick the perfect machine for your workplace.
Intel's hardware partners recently showed off their mid-range Windows 8 hybrid devices at a Clover Trail coming-out party. Now we reveal the hardware in all its photographic splendor.
Consider them PC peripherals on the periphery of industrial design.
Australia's largest video game exbition, EB Expo, was recently held at Sydney's Olympic Park
Just because computers are one big exercise in evolutionary progress, that doesn't mean certain computing maxims ever go out of style.
We take a first look at the Samsung Galaxy Note II.
Designers and others take their best guesses at what Apple might have up its sleeve with smaller iPad tablet
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fingerprint scanning is coming to Chromebooks
- Soon your Samsung Galaxy's fingerprint reader will unlock your Windows 10 PC
- Blizzard's ending Windows XP, Vista support for Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, and more games
- Razer Blade Pro (2016) review: Now this is how you do a 'Pro' laptop
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)ACT
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java/ Data/ Big Data Developer)VIC
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW