Here are some great sub-$100 gift ideas for technology enthusiasts.
Max Burnet has turned his home in the leafy suburbs of Sydney into arguably Australia’s largest private computer museum. Since retiring as director of Digital Equipment Corporation a decade ago, Burnet has converted his interest in the computing industry into an invaluable snapshot of computer history. Every available space from his basement to the top floor of his two-storey home is covered with relics from the past. His collection is vast, from a 1920s Julius Totalisator, the first UNIX PDP-7, a classic DEC PDP-8, the original IBM PC, Apple’s Lisa, MITS Altair 8800, numerous punch cards and over 6000 computer reference books. And more. He happily opened his doors for us to take a look.
Sony Ericsson last week announced the Australian launch of its much anticipated XPERIA X1 smartphone.
More games to look out for during the Christmas rush.
Every year, a number of games always fall off the radar. Whether it is due to delays, cancellation or sheer laziness on the developer's part, sometimes even anticipated games can disappear without a trace. We have compiled some of the notables of this year, so you know what you are missing out on.
Tuesday saw the release of a 108in LCD television by Sharp Electronics. Destined for commercial enterprises, it has a host of features that make it an enticing product. You could probably order one for your home, but at $169,000 you'll need a lot of disposable income.
After an Internet-wide search, here are the 11 blogs that depressed -- er, uh -- impressed us the most with their lameness.
Intel celebrated the launch of the Core i7 at a party in Sydney's Cruise bar. Intel boasted about releasing the fastest CPU on the planet, and provided some real-time demonstrations of video encoding and physics processing, with the Core i7 leaving the Core 2 Duo in its wake.
16 celebs who can fill an auditorium and attract the paparazzi, too
Ensemble Studios has released another batch of images from its upcoming real-time strategy game Halo Wars. Plot details remain thin, though a press conference held by Ensemble today revealed a little more information. Built specifically for the Xbox 360, the control scheme has been designed with a game controller in mind, making it much easier to play. The game will include a total of 15 missions with both main objectives and secondary objectives to complete at the whim of the player, with a strong story to drive the game’s levels. Expect the game to hit the Xbox 360 in late February.
From Chrono Trigger to Fallout 3, these are the RPG games everyone should play!
Bentley's in-car audio systems are designed by boutique speaker manufacturer Naim and are touted as "the world's best" automotive audio experience. We can't exactly test these claims, but we can show you a bit of the technology behind the scenes.
Internode this week announced the launch of chumby in Australia. Chumby, previously available only in the US, is a compact device that streams your favourite parts of the Internet and delivers them in an always-on format.
ASUS unleashes new laptops amid Calvin Klein's latest runway creations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- BBC unveils final version of micro:bit coding device for kids
- Researchers find previously unknown exploits among Hacking Team's leaked files
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, July 7
- OpenSSL tells users to prepare for a high severity flaw
- Nvidia attempts to ease the path to deep learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW