Ubisoft recently announced the impending release of Tom Clancy’s HAWX
Past and present: how 30 years of Star Wars imagination changed technology forever. During 2008 Sydney's Powerhouse Museum played host to one of the largest collection of Star Wars memorabilia combined with real-life examples of how such technology is being applied for business and social advancement.
Forget boring tech: Here are some of the most innovative, interesting products we’ve seen (or are waiting to see) this year.
The 17 most memorable palette-swapped video game characters ever.
SEGA will bring smiles and nostalgic thoughts to many next week with the release of the Ultimate Mega Drive Collection for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3
SEGA's latest video game for the Wii, Madworld, was approved classification in Australia on Friday. Featuring "over-the-top" violence and a Sin City-style aesthetic that accentuates gore and blood, the Office for Literature and Film Classification approved Madworld for sale in Australia with a MA15+ age rating, accompanied by a warning of "strong bloody violence and strong course language." Given the recent spate of banned games in Australia due to violence and drug use, and the game's recent ban in Germany, SEGA's success with its latest Wii game locally is a surprising turn of events. Featuring a chainsaw-wielding Hellboy look-a-like and making full use of the Nintendo Wii's motion controls, the game hits Wii consoles in March.
Flat-panel TV as thin as just 6.5-millimeters at the International Consumer Electronics Show
Last month we cast our critical eye on the most underrated games of 2008 (i.e. the stuff you should have bought last year, but didn’t). Now, in accordance to classic (read: hackneyed) tradition we present the most overrated games of 2008.
From Double Dragon to Tomba!
Boom Blox, Echochrome, and Persona 4 make GamePro's list of the 16 best games of 2008 you've never played!
Australian company Kogan has finally revealed images of the first Google Android phone to be released in Australia, the Kogan Agora. Until now only rendered mock-ups have been released.
Warning: the following games are not recommended for anyone who enjoys playing video games!
Sierra Entertainment puts players in the shoes of a genetically mutated shape-shifter in its latest video game. Developed by Radical Entertainment, Prototype is a sandbox action game which revolves around Alex, a shape-shifter who must piece together his history after waking up without a memory.
You may not be able run over pedestrians in real life, but these games with great car kills make up for it!
Most of the smartphones we saw at CES were updated versions of older models. But the new Palm Pre (and its webOS) was a breath of fresh air--and it definitely stole the show.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC