Past and present: how 30 years of Star Wars imagination changed technology forever. During 2008 Sydney's Powerhouse Museum played host to one of the largest collection of Star Wars memorabilia combined with real-life examples of how such technology is being applied for business and social advancement.
Forget boring tech: Here are some of the most innovative, interesting products we’ve seen (or are waiting to see) this year.
The 17 most memorable palette-swapped video game characters ever.
SEGA will bring smiles and nostalgic thoughts to many next week with the release of the Ultimate Mega Drive Collection for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3
SEGA's latest video game for the Wii, Madworld, was approved classification in Australia on Friday. Featuring "over-the-top" violence and a Sin City-style aesthetic that accentuates gore and blood, the Office for Literature and Film Classification approved Madworld for sale in Australia with a MA15+ age rating, accompanied by a warning of "strong bloody violence and strong course language." Given the recent spate of banned games in Australia due to violence and drug use, and the game's recent ban in Germany, SEGA's success with its latest Wii game locally is a surprising turn of events. Featuring a chainsaw-wielding Hellboy look-a-like and making full use of the Nintendo Wii's motion controls, the game hits Wii consoles in March.
Flat-panel TV as thin as just 6.5-millimeters at the International Consumer Electronics Show
Last month we cast our critical eye on the most underrated games of 2008 (i.e. the stuff you should have bought last year, but didn’t). Now, in accordance to classic (read: hackneyed) tradition we present the most overrated games of 2008.
From Double Dragon to Tomba!
Boom Blox, Echochrome, and Persona 4 make GamePro's list of the 16 best games of 2008 you've never played!
Australian company Kogan has finally revealed images of the first Google Android phone to be released in Australia, the Kogan Agora. Until now only rendered mock-ups have been released.
Warning: the following games are not recommended for anyone who enjoys playing video games!
Sierra Entertainment puts players in the shoes of a genetically mutated shape-shifter in its latest video game. Developed by Radical Entertainment, Prototype is a sandbox action game which revolves around Alex, a shape-shifter who must piece together his history after waking up without a memory.
You may not be able run over pedestrians in real life, but these games with great car kills make up for it!
Most of the smartphones we saw at CES were updated versions of older models. But the new Palm Pre (and its webOS) was a breath of fresh air--and it definitely stole the show.
We wonder who's going to want bad Wii wannabes, a zillion iPhone cases, out-of-date MP3 players, e-cigarettes and other oddities that we found at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW