Midnight buyer snags Windows 7 Home Premium
Canon's EOS 7D is an 18-megapixel D-SLR camera that uses an APS-C image sensor for capturing clean and vibrant shots. It's the next model up from the EOS 50D, and it includes some more oomph for photographers keen on capturing action shots.
There’s something about the laptop that encourages experimentation--and competition. Manufacturers start trying to figure out how thin they can make their latest model, and pretty soon they’re in a full-scale, enter-the-Octagon battle for the title of World’s Slimmest Laptop.
Snag an LCD TV and a media streamer to go with it, a portable photo printer or an external hard drive
The Web browser turns 15 on Oct. 13, 2009 - a key milestone in the history of the Internet. That’s when the first commercial Web browser - eventually called Netscape Navigator - was released as beta code. While researchers including World Wide Web inventor Tim Berners-Lee and a team at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications created Unix browsers between 1991 and 1994, Netscape Navigator made this small piece of desktop software a household name.
Ceatec, showcased many new technologies and prototype gadgets. We take you through our favourite tech products.
Check out some cheap TVs, a great notebook and more!
The Worldskills Australia regional competition in PC and Network Support took place at the Mount Druitt College, TAFE NSW Western Sydney Institute, last week.
Today Research In Motion (RIM) unveiled the latest BlackBerry smartphone -- the Curve 8520 -- with the help of the Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am. will.i.am discussed both BlackBerry technology and the future of the music industry at the North Sydney launch.
Gear up for the long weekend with a smokin' plasma TV deal and more!
Many of rock's greatest moments hinge on shifts in music technology. Here is a chronology of some of the highlights.
The mobile phone is one of the fastest growing and most popular pieces of technology in history. From Motorola's first prototype mobile phone, which weighed almost a kilogram, to Apple's game-changing iPhone and the range latest touch-screen smartphones, we take a look back at the evolution of one of the most important technology devices in history.
This week you can grab some great bargains -- a 50in Full HD plasma TV for under $2000, a cheap laptop, a bargain GPS and a cut-price TiVo bundle!
PC World’s avid photographers, armed with a variety of cameras (ranging in price, from a number of brands and with different features and capabilities), captured scenes in Sydney, Australia as the city awoke to an eerie, orange sky caused by a dust cloud of red earth sent straight from the outback. We'd love to see your snaps too! Send us your photos and the details of what camera you used (and any settings) to email@example.com
Pick up some great tech gear at bargain basement prices including a full HD camcorder, a wireless multifunction printer and a ultra-slim digital camera!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Three privacy tools that block your Internet provider from tracking you
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTApplication Support Consultant (Oracle SQL, Unix scripting)NSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperWA
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!ACT
- CCMicrostrategy DeveloperVIC
- FTServer Engineer l Windows l VMWare l Active DirectoryNSW
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Application Developement and IntegrationQLD
- FTSenior Network Specialist - IPVPN EdgeVIC
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTSenior Performance AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Project Manager ( IT Infrastructure)ACT
- CCProject LeadNSW
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst AgileQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperACT
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC