Discounted Apple products, cheap colour laser printing and more!
Sydney Australia, 9/9/09: To celebrate the worldwide release of The Beatles: Rock Band, Electronic Arts threw an exclusive media event at the Diamant Hotel Penthouse. The Aria chart-topping rock band Short Stack were on hand to get the Beatlemania in full swing. We managed to wrest the controls away from the real-life rock stars to test the game ourselves: check out the rest of the slideshow for our verdict.
Whether you’re a Sony fanboy or a staunch Xbox loyalist, it can’t be denied that the redesigned, re-priced PlayStation 3 is a pretty big deal. Suddenly, the world’s most prohibitively expensive games console is a whole lot more affordable. The Sony faithful are already rattling their sabres and declaring the console war won – and if last week’s sales are anything to go by, they might actually have a point. One thing’s for sure, if you’re an Xbox 360 owner, the question “should I make the switch?” has never been more prevalent.
Since 1968, when a designer at Xerox PARC conceived of the first prototype notebook--the Dynabook--the computer industry has witnessed a breathtaking succession of innovations in mobile computing.
Not content to let the past go peacefully, GamePro looks back at a generation of video games that started the first console war, brought arcade games back from the brink, and showed gamers what 3D graphics could do in a cartridge.
When it comes to applications, the iPhone has it all. Want to control your TV? There's an app for that. Want to find the nearest Chinese restaurant? There's an app for that.
At KansasFest 2009, held July 21 to 26 in Kansas City, Mo., retrocomputing fans from around the world gathered to celebrate the Apple II, the computer that launched Apple Computer Inc. to fame.
This week, Sony's redesigned PlayStation 'Slim' console hit store shelves around the globe with an Australian RRP of $499. In other words, you now have three high-end gaming consoles to choose from -- the PS3 Slim, the Xbox 360 Elite and the original PlayStation 3 (while stocks last).
The Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 will be one of the first smartphones to be shipped with Windows Mobile 6.5 when it launches in Australia later this year.
Need to pick up a last minute Father's Day gift? Or just want to splurge on yourself? Check out some of the great deals we've rounded up.
Official screenshots are released for Sony's upcoming racing simulation game for the PlayStation 3
Once upon a time, playing videogames was as socially acceptable as owning a 12-sided dice. It was something that nerds did in-between Star Trek marathons and zit-popping – at least, that was the popular perception in the playgrounds of the time. To talk incessantly about videogames was to invite wedgie annihilation from all directions. Needless to say, it was a dangerous time to be a gamer.
Screenshots show V8 Supercar models in-game
At an event held in a Sydney Lamborghini showroom today, V8 Supercars Australia announced a partnership that will see eight V8 Supercars appearing in the upcoming Forza Motorsport 3 racing simulation on Xbox 360.
You can probably guess that a digital SLR is going to give you better results than a point and shoot--but you can still get good photos with even a compact camera.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTEnvironment/ Oracle/ Active Directory Support AnalystNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- CCData ScientistVIC
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPGIS OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW