Sydney Australia, 9/9/09: To celebrate the worldwide release of The Beatles: Rock Band, Electronic Arts threw an exclusive media event at the Diamant Hotel Penthouse. The Aria chart-topping rock band Short Stack were on hand to get the Beatlemania in full swing. We managed to wrest the controls away from the real-life rock stars to test the game ourselves: check out the rest of the slideshow for our verdict.
Whether you’re a Sony fanboy or a staunch Xbox loyalist, it can’t be denied that the redesigned, re-priced PlayStation 3 is a pretty big deal. Suddenly, the world’s most prohibitively expensive games console is a whole lot more affordable. The Sony faithful are already rattling their sabres and declaring the console war won – and if last week’s sales are anything to go by, they might actually have a point. One thing’s for sure, if you’re an Xbox 360 owner, the question “should I make the switch?” has never been more prevalent.
Since 1968, when a designer at Xerox PARC conceived of the first prototype notebook--the Dynabook--the computer industry has witnessed a breathtaking succession of innovations in mobile computing.
Not content to let the past go peacefully, GamePro looks back at a generation of video games that started the first console war, brought arcade games back from the brink, and showed gamers what 3D graphics could do in a cartridge.
When it comes to applications, the iPhone has it all. Want to control your TV? There's an app for that. Want to find the nearest Chinese restaurant? There's an app for that.
At KansasFest 2009, held July 21 to 26 in Kansas City, Mo., retrocomputing fans from around the world gathered to celebrate the Apple II, the computer that launched Apple Computer Inc. to fame.
This week, Sony's redesigned PlayStation 'Slim' console hit store shelves around the globe with an Australian RRP of $499. In other words, you now have three high-end gaming consoles to choose from -- the PS3 Slim, the Xbox 360 Elite and the original PlayStation 3 (while stocks last).
The Sony Ericsson XPERIA X2 will be one of the first smartphones to be shipped with Windows Mobile 6.5 when it launches in Australia later this year.
Need to pick up a last minute Father's Day gift? Or just want to splurge on yourself? Check out some of the great deals we've rounded up.
Official screenshots are released for Sony's upcoming racing simulation game for the PlayStation 3
Once upon a time, playing videogames was as socially acceptable as owning a 12-sided dice. It was something that nerds did in-between Star Trek marathons and zit-popping – at least, that was the popular perception in the playgrounds of the time. To talk incessantly about videogames was to invite wedgie annihilation from all directions. Needless to say, it was a dangerous time to be a gamer.
Screenshots show V8 Supercar models in-game
At an event held in a Sydney Lamborghini showroom today, V8 Supercars Australia announced a partnership that will see eight V8 Supercars appearing in the upcoming Forza Motorsport 3 racing simulation on Xbox 360.
You can probably guess that a digital SLR is going to give you better results than a point and shoot--but you can still get good photos with even a compact camera.
Grab a big-screen TV, a great smartphone, a cheap printer and more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Oppo R7 review: When ripe ingredients come together
- Australians targeted by Windows 10 phishing attacks
- Google's Project Tango coming to 12 more countries
- Microsoft levels up Web version of Outlook for business customers
- Salesforce taps Instagram's new API with tailored marketing tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC