The hype around Samsung's Galaxy S8 has been off the charts - something that normally makes us wary. However, having spent some time with the device today our hopes are heightened.
MSI's GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop isn't the company's largest laptop but it can still play games. It offers a decent blaance between portability and power (and also price).
Asus Zenbook 3 is a colourful ultraportable that feels exceptionally well built and is aimed at the corporate market. It's not cheap but it packs in quality features, promising decent battery life in a 12.5-inch product that you can carry around in a handbag if necessary.
Samsung delayed the launch of its flagship Samsung Galaxy S8 Android smartphone, but it has launched it's mid-range Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 model. We were keen to have a look and see if it was worth bothering with.
All of the phone manufacturers are launching their new, best phones. This is LG's new flagship. What does it look like and is it any good?
Ever wanted to see what happens in the garage? What the team eats and drinks? What they look like when they're chilling between races? Good Gear Guide goes the hard yards to find out
It's day one of the first Grand Prix of the 2017 season. We did the first Pit Lane tour and took a bunch of pictures.
Is it Subaru's prettiest car ever? What's it like to drive? Would we buy one? Should you?
Last night we had our first look at Samsung’s new TV range. Few won’t have been impressed. The colour performance is stunning and rivals LG’s OLED TVs. The motion smoothing is also nothing-short-of-amazing.
Many people here haven't heard of Oppo but the company is HUGE in China and it makes some seriously good phones.
Here are some child friendly choices. And less child-friendly choices.
HTC has finally released its HTC U Ultra, is it as good as we hoped?
It's March 2017, it's Cisco Live! in Melbourne, Australia. We got onto the showroom floor early to photograph, well, everything really in order to whet your appetites with what's to come. Cisco Live! is awash with Cisco's products and partners plus informative events, meetings, certifications and everything related to networks. It's the definitive networking networking event in Australia.
We’ve seen some absolutely massive gaming laptops from MSI but then they’ve had things like SLI graphics and mechanical, desktop keyboards embedded.
We’ve seen a few Aussie ultraportable lappies lately but this is the cheapest. Is it the best?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerVIC
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSecurity Architect Port MacquarieNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD