I wasted countless hours playing these games as a child... I have many memories of them. They truly are one of the great games.
Celebrating Commander Keen's 20th anniversary
Commander Keen 1 was the first game I ever owned, my previous experience being playing "Dark Castle" on my father's black-and-white Mac.
I was instantly hooked and got my parents to get me the entire series for whatever the amazingly low price was back then ($30?).
It became the gateway drug into all the other games I've played since.
ID dropped my jaw again with the new engine in Keen4. It would be years after Wolf3D's release before I got to experience it because we only had an EGA display...at which point ID blew my mind again. Then DOOM jumped the bar, then Duke3d....truly this developer was a big deal for me.
If you have so many good memories, then don't use the word "wasted", try "spent" instead.
Makes a big difference.
Comments on other images
Latest News Articles
- Android vulnerability allows malware to compromise most devices and apps
- Oracle slashes Larry Ellison's stock options following shareholder discontent
- Microsoft faces anti-monopoly probe in China over Windows, Office
- Privacy groups call for action to stop Facebook's off site user tracking plans
- Huawei's smartphones shipments rise on international sales
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 3 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 4 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 5 How to pick the right size TV for your living room
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- $49.97 free shipping
- 24% off $679.95
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »