I wasted countless hours playing these games as a child... I have many memories of them. They truly are one of the great games.
Celebrating Commander Keen's 20th anniversary
Commander Keen 1 was the first game I ever owned, my previous experience being playing "Dark Castle" on my father's black-and-white Mac.
I was instantly hooked and got my parents to get me the entire series for whatever the amazingly low price was back then ($30?).
It became the gateway drug into all the other games I've played since.
ID dropped my jaw again with the new engine in Keen4. It would be years after Wolf3D's release before I got to experience it because we only had an EGA display...at which point ID blew my mind again. Then DOOM jumped the bar, then Duke3d....truly this developer was a big deal for me.
If you have so many good memories, then don't use the word "wasted", try "spent" instead.
Makes a big difference.
Comments on other images
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 LG G3 review
- 4 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 5 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- IBM Watson cooks up some new dishes
- Apple will keep pushing for a sales ban on Samsung products
- Facebook testing mobile searches for old posts
- Appeals court denies Oracle request to restore $1.3 billion judgment against SAP
- Boston's Bolt launches hardware companies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.