The earliest confirmed 3D film shown to a paying audience was The Power of Love, on 27 September, 1922, in Los Angeles. It was a projected dual-strip in the now-classic red and green anaglyph format, making it the earliest known film in which anaglyph glasses were used. The film is now unfortunately lost. Harry K. Fairall (pictured) was the producer of Power of Love and one of the pioneers of stereoscopy.
Image: [[xref:http://www.3dmovingpictures.com/|Daniel L Symmes]]