Your digital photo files hold all sorts of interesting information. You probably know that you can find the date and time taken, date modified, and exposure information in your photo's metadata. You might also know that your photo can tell you what m...
Workshop - Tutorials
When I was a kid, I used to wonder if everyone saw the world in the same way. What if what I called "yellow" looked like green to someone else?
For some people, "efficiency" brings to mind a hotel room with a kitchenette. When other folks hear the word, they think about ways to work faster and smarter. I suppose I fall into the second category.
It's ironic that I am so preoccupied with photographing motion, essentially capturing the essence of speed and dynamics in what is by its definition a static medium.
A million factors can affect the intensity of the colors that you see in your photos.
Summertime evokes timeless images of fire hydrants spraying water into the air, ice cream trucks rumbling down neighbourhood streets...and Fourth of July fireworks illuminating the night sky (if you're in the right country...). This year, you can cap...
Maybe you love working with images on your PC-- but if so, you're probably an exception rather than the rule. Most people I know would rather be taking pictures than fiddling with them in an image editor.
No matter what the subject matter or image resolution, every digital photo is really composed of a bunch of differently colored pixels. Zoom into a highly detailed photo of a boat, plane, building, or person, and eventually you'll reach a point where...
Essential tips for good photography.
The holidays might have tapered off a few weeks ago, but I'm still paying for them. Indeed, my checkbook has an "out of order" sign on it, and my teenage daughter has offered me a short term, high interest loan to see us through the winter.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTSenior Test EngineerNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA