Nikon’s D5000 is the most intriguing camera of the year so far. It’s an entry-level digital SLR that has plenty of advanced features, yet it also features shooting guides and in-built scene modes.
Digital Photo Advisor
Ricoh's CX1 is a digital camera that not only looks good but also feels great to use. Most importantly, it's capable of taking some breathtaking snapshots. It's a compact camera with a 9-megapixel CMOS sensor and a 7.1x zoom lens, and you don't have to know what you're doing in order to use it properly.
Samsung's PL50 is a compact digital camera with a 10.2-megapixel sensor and a 35-105mm zoom lens. The camera is simply designed and it includes a bunch of automatic features, such as scene modes, face detection, smile and blink detection, and beauty mode. It's also has a dedicated 'help' mode on the dial, which should be of asssitance to anyone new to photography.
Our colleagues at Digital Arts have trawled the web to bring you the best free resources for Adobe Photoshop that every designer should own.
The massive lens barrel makes the Nikon CoolPix L100 look like an intimidating, advanced digital camera, but the opposite is a lot closer to the truth. It’s an easy-to-use point-and-shoot digital camera with a big zoom lens that’s suitable for almost any situation.
The Olympus Mju Tough 6000 digital camera is the little brother to the Olympus Mju Tough 8000, but it doesn't take a step back in the photographic stakes. It’s a compact, ruggedised and automatic camera that’s useful for snorkelling, bushwalking, skiing and countless other outdoor activities.
The FujiFilm FinePix F200EXR is a 12-megapixel compact camera equipped with the company’s new Super CCD EXR chipset.
Leica's D-LUX 4 10.1-megapixel compact digital camera has plenty of style but doesn't forego functionality. It's more advanced than a basic point-and-shoot camera. The camera caters to serious users who want a break from carrying a D-SLR, but still want the ability to accurately control the exposure.
Canon's EOS 5D Mark II is a digital SLR camera that's designed primarily for serious enthusiasts, yet it also has plenty to entice new D-SLR users. It's a cut above mid-range D-SLR digital cameras, so it's expensive, but you do get a lot for your money.
The Nikon CoolPix S630 is a 12-megapixel compact digital camera equipped with a powerful 7x optical zoom lens. It also comes with some handy inbuilt features, including ISO 6400, face and blink detection, distortion control and an 11 frames-per-second continuous shooting mode.
There's a lot to like about the Olympus Mju Tough 8000. It's a fully ruggedised camera for snow adventures, water sports and outdoor activities. It's waterproof, drop-proof, dustproof, and almost idiot-proof. It's an easy camera to use and you can use it just about anywhere without feat of damaging it.
We're already a quarter of the way into 2009 and the gadgets are coming thick and fast despite the recession that is gripping many countries. This month it was time for new digital cameras with the PMA show in the U.S. and a couple of follow-ups from Panasonic and Sony in their CES announcements from back in January.
My uncle gave me my first real camera, an old 35mm Leica with a collapsible lens. It was lightweight, compact enough to fit into a pants pocket, and took great pictures. That camera, along with many other 35mm and medium-format film cameras, is now gathering dust in a drawer, pushed aside for a larger and heavier digital SLR.
Joining the ranks of Olympus, Kodak, Canon, and Nikon, who all announced new megazoom fixed-lens cameras at CES and in the months since, Pentax today unwrapped its new 24x optical zoom X70 camera at the Photo Marketing Association (PMA) show in Las Vegas.
One of just a few new cameras announced during the Product Marketing Association (PMA) conference this year, the slim Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z29 is an entry-level addition to Casio's point-and-shoot line.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cameras and phones kick off March
- Pentax Adds 24x Megazoom to Its Arsenal
- Fashionable Casio Cam Comes in at US$150
- Kodak Announces US$200 10x Optical Zoom Cam
- Diminutive Olympus E-620 digital SLR unveiled
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- CCURGENT REQUIREMENT - Business AnalystACT
- FTInformation Security AdvisorNSW
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Data Analytics ConsultantVIC
- FTApplications ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- CCSEO StrategistNSW
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSAP Lumira ConsultantWA
- CCInterface AnalystSA
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD