Whilst the ASUS Transformer line began with Android-powered convertibles, the latest Transformer Book T100 sports Microsoft’s Windows 8.1. We had a brief hands-on with the T100 at its launch event in Sydney, late October.
Windows 8 - Reviews
Less than a year after the launch of its first Surface RT and Surface Pro tablets, Microsoft has launched the next iteration of its tablet family, including the Windows 8.1 RT-based Surface 2.
Dell's Latitude 10 is a Windows 8-based tablet that is aimed at business users who need touchscreen functionality within a Windows environment. It's not a very powerful tablet, but it's useful for running non-CPU-intensive apps and it should benefit ...
This conventional-looking 14-inch ASUS Ultrabook turns out to be not so conventional when you find out that its screen has a touch interface.
It may not run a fast Core i5-based processor, but the ASUS VivoTab 810 and its Intel Atom CPU is a great choice for anyone who wants a lightweight Windows 8-based tablet with long battery life. It's an 11.6in model that can be used for basic Web bro...
Samsung's Ativ Smart PC Pro 700T (XE700T1C-A02AU) is a Windows 8-based tablet that ships with a keyboard dock. It can be used either as a stand-alone tablet, or as a notebook if you need to do lots of typing.
Toshiba's Satellite L850 is a 15.6in laptop that's designed primarily for home use. It's the type of laptop you should consider if you want something that can allow you to do a little bit of everything, including play games.
Microsoft has created a wonderful tablet in the Surface RT. It feels well made, it's light, it's highly usable and it contains things that many tablet users have considered to be essential elements for a great overall user experience, such as a built...
When we first starting testing the ASUS Taichi 21, we hated it. It came to us without its proper drivers installed, which meant that it was a major chore to effectively use the two screens on this unique, 11.6in, hybrid Ultrabook. However, ASUS dropp...
Medion has released a conventional 14in Ultrabook running Windows 8, which will be sold through Aldi supermarkets (from Saturday 24 November). The Akoya S4216 (MD 99081) is very much a bang-for-your-buck model. It offers an impressive list of feature...
Toshiba has taken the hybrid Ultrabook concept and put it on the rails. Its Satellite U920T is a 12.5in, Windows 8 model with a screen that slides over its keyboard base. You can use it as a tablet or as a laptop, but it's designed primarily with the...
Trend Micro's Titanium Maximum Security 2013 is an all-encompassing security suite for PCs and Android devices. It can protect against viruses, spyware and other Web threats, in addition to providing a few extra features such as parental controls, cl...
If your dream has always been to own a laptop that can easily be converted into a top-notch, no-compromise slate device, then Dell's XPS 12 convertible Ultrabook will make it come true.
One of the new form factors that will showcase Windows 8 is an 11.6in, dual-screen laptop from ASUS called the Taichi. The Taichi features a traditional clamshell notebook form factor, but the main difference is that its lid houses two screens: one c...
The Acer Aspire S7 (model number S7-391-73514G12aws) is the first fully-functional Windows 8-based Ultrabook to come through our Test Centre, and it's a little beauty. It's a 13.3in model with a conventional clamshell design that also features a touc...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What if Windows 10 fails?
- Acer leads growth in PC shipments
- How to test-drive Windows 8 for free in VirtualBox
- HP's hardware boss not a fan of Surface, Windows RT
- Why isn't Microsoft's answer to Siri built into Windows 8?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Java Developer | WebNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCSSIS DeveloperNSW
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTIT EngineerNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSupport EngineerNSW
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC