Whilst the ASUS Transformer line began with Android-powered convertibles, the latest Transformer Book T100 sports Microsoft’s Windows 8.1. We had a brief hands-on with the T100 at its launch event in Sydney, late October.
Less than a year after the launch of its first Surface RT and Surface Pro tablets, Microsoft has launched the next iteration of its tablet family, including the Windows 8.1 RT-based Surface 2.
Dell's Latitude 10 is a Windows 8-based tablet that is aimed at business users who need touchscreen functionality within a Windows environment. It's not a very powerful tablet, but it's useful for running non-CPU-intensive apps and it should benefit ...
This conventional-looking 14-inch ASUS Ultrabook turns out to be not so conventional when you find out that its screen has a touch interface.
It may not run a fast Core i5-based processor, but the ASUS VivoTab 810 and its Intel Atom CPU is a great choice for anyone who wants a lightweight Windows 8-based tablet with long battery life. It's an 11.6in model that can be used for basic Web bro...
Samsung's Ativ Smart PC Pro 700T (XE700T1C-A02AU) is a Windows 8-based tablet that ships with a keyboard dock. It can be used either as a stand-alone tablet, or as a notebook if you need to do lots of typing.
Toshiba's Satellite L850 is a 15.6in laptop that's designed primarily for home use. It's the type of laptop you should consider if you want something that can allow you to do a little bit of everything, including play games.
Microsoft has created a wonderful tablet in the Surface RT. It feels well made, it's light, it's highly usable and it contains things that many tablet users have considered to be essential elements for a great overall user experience, such as a built...
When we first starting testing the ASUS Taichi 21, we hated it. It came to us without its proper drivers installed, which meant that it was a major chore to effectively use the two screens on this unique, 11.6in, hybrid Ultrabook. However, ASUS dropp...
Medion has released a conventional 14in Ultrabook running Windows 8, which will be sold through Aldi supermarkets (from Saturday 24 November). The Akoya S4216 (MD 99081) is very much a bang-for-your-buck model. It offers an impressive list of feature...
Toshiba has taken the hybrid Ultrabook concept and put it on the rails. Its Satellite U920T is a 12.5in, Windows 8 model with a screen that slides over its keyboard base. You can use it as a tablet or as a laptop, but it's designed primarily with the...
Trend Micro's Titanium Maximum Security 2013 is an all-encompassing security suite for PCs and Android devices. It can protect against viruses, spyware and other Web threats, in addition to providing a few extra features such as parental controls, cl...
If your dream has always been to own a laptop that can easily be converted into a top-notch, no-compromise slate device, then Dell's XPS 12 convertible Ultrabook will make it come true.
One of the new form factors that will showcase Windows 8 is an 11.6in, dual-screen laptop from ASUS called the Taichi. The Taichi features a traditional clamshell notebook form factor, but the main difference is that its lid houses two screens: one c...
The Acer Aspire S7 (model number S7-391-73514G12aws) is the first fully-functional Windows 8-based Ultrabook to come through our Test Centre, and it's a little beauty. It's a 13.3in model with a conventional clamshell design that also features a touc...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What if Windows 10 fails?
- Acer leads growth in PC shipments
- How to test-drive Windows 8 for free in VirtualBox
- HP's hardware boss not a fan of Surface, Windows RT
- Why isn't Microsoft's answer to Siri built into Windows 8?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW