Sony's recently announced Bravia HX900 series of LCD televisions offers LED backlighting, Internet content streaming and 3D compatibility. This mid-range series of LED TVs is available in 46in (KDL46HX900) and 52in (KDL52HX900) sizes, and offers plen...
Soniq's QSL262CT is a 26in TV that's part of the company's QASA range of high-end LCD televisions. It provides decent quality for its price. With a built-in DVD player and 720p playback capability, the QSL262CT LCD TV is suitable for small living roo...
Soniq's QSL400XT 40in LCD television lacks the LED backlighting and high refresh rates of more expensive TVs from brands like Sony and Samsung. However, given it's one of the cheapest 40in 1080p TVs we've seen, we can't really complain.
The Toshiba Regza 52XV600A is a 52in LCD television with some well-implemented picture enhancement features. Its upscaling and 100Hz motion smoothing modes are among the best we've seen, and its reasonable dynamic contrast ratio makes it a good choic...
Panasonic's TH-L32G10A is a 32in LCD television with a regular CCFL backlight. It’s a small screen but it has high-end features for a non-LED LCD TV.
Sharp announced a new line of Aquos HDTVs, the LE Series, that will add a yellow subpixel to the normal red, green and blue (RGB) colors used in TV pixels.
The LG 47SL90QD is a 47in LED television with a high 3,000,000:1 contrast ratio, a 100Hz image smoothing mode and a "borderless" flat glass design. It outdoes Samsung's edge-lit LED televisions in picture quality, but the design may not be to everyon...
Cornea's 1080PRO is a 37in Full HD LCD television with a 6500:1 dynamic contrast ratio. With a panel produced by LG it has reasonable credentials and can display a good quality picture in the right viewing conditions. It doesn't do too much to stand ...
The Panasonic TH-P54Z1A is a 54in plasma television with an inch-thick chassis, wireless Full HD video streaming and a high quality 1080p panel. It is very expensive but if you're looking for an elegant alternative to a super-thin Samsung LED screen,...
The Panasonic TH-P58V10A is a 58in plasma television with a thin chassis and a great display panel. It may be expensive, but this is about the only downside -- it has great image quality, it's super-slim and can be easily wall mounted, and its power ...
The Celestial LT4268TA is a 42in LCD television with 100Hz image smoothing and multimedia features. Its 1080p (Full HD) display has reasonable but unspectacular image quality.
The Kogan PRO26 is a 26in LCD television with an integrated DVD player and a port for connecting USB drives.
Toshiba's Regza 42RV600A is a 42in LCD television featuring the company's latest suite of image enhancement features. It lacks a 100Hz mode to smooth out fast motion, but apart from this we found the screen to be a good choice for watching high-defin...
The Changhong CHL2643A is a budget 26in LCD television with few standout features. It is competitively priced and its picture quality is good enough for casual viewers.
The Panasonic TH-P50G15A is a well-designed, 50in plasma television offering great picture quality, but its access to Internet sites including YouTube, Picassa and Bloomberg’s stock, business and weather reports wasn't as groundbreaking as we’d antic...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- LG releases first flat screen OLED TV in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCApplication Packaging ExpertVIC
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia