The LG LM7600 is part of LG’s 2012 Cinema 3D range -- it’s a passive 3D LED TV, with the same simple and attractive styling that features on other models like the LM9600. It misses out on most of the LM9600’s premium features like voice control and W...
The Panasonic VIERA sits in the mid-to-low end of Panasonic’s 2012 television line-up. It’s a passive 3D LED-edge-lit LCD TV, with Smart TV features built-in. It’s cheaper than other Panasonic LED TVs like the WT50A, ET50A and DT50A, and cheaper than...
Panasonic has traditionally pushed its VIERA plasmas as the best of the best, but this year marks a big shift for the Japanese manufacturer -- it’s winding down plasma production and moving towards more efficient and environmentally friendly LED TVs.
The Panasonic VIERA VT50A is the company’s top plasma TV for 2012, although the company is pushing its WT50A LED TV as its overall best model. The VT50A is one step up from the Panasonic ST50A, which will be extremely hard to beat for both value and ...
The new Foxtel Internet TV service, available on Samsung Smart TVs, is a streaming IPTV service that uses your Internet connection instead of a Foxtel cable. It’s much cheaper and more flexible than traditional Foxtel, and still offers a decent chann...
Samsung's Series 7 LED TV is a step down from the range-topping Series 8, but it doesn't make many sacrifices for the $500 saving.
Panasonic has begun a swing away from its mainstay plasmas towards thinner, more power-friendly LED TVs in 2012, although its top television is still a plasma -- but the range-topping VT50A is at least $3799 for the 55-inch, and a painful $5999 for t...
The Panasonic TH-P50ST50A, a 50-inch Full HD 3D-ready plasma, is the second best TV in Panasonic’s 2012 line-up. Although the company is slowly shifting away from plasma to LED (and eventually OLED) technology, the ST50A might prove to be the best va...
Samsung’s latest range of LED and plasma TVs offer incremental upgrades in picture quality and performance, but also include a new and innovative approach to controlling the TV -- voice recognition and motion control. These features, and plenty of ne...
The Sony BRAVIA HX850 is the newest model in Sony’s 2012 TV line-up, and is the second most expensive TV on offer. It’s got a slightly higher price than the comparable Samsung ES7500 and LG LM8600. It has excellent picture quality in both preset and ...
The Kogan 24in Full HD LED TV is, as the name suggests, a Full HD 1080p TV with a 24in screen size. This makes it a good size for a study, bedroom or child’s play room, and it’s very attractively priced as well.
LG has just released its 2012 line-up of LED and plasma TVs, and the LM9600 is the pick of the bunch. It’s a 55in or 47in LED TV with a full array of LEDs arranged as a backlight, allowing local dimming that turns off in dark screen areas and stays b...
The Sony Personal 3D Viewer (HMZ-T1) is a head-mounted display that uses a 720p OLED screen in front of each eye, creating a crosstalk-free 3D effect. It’s somewhat difficult to set up correctly and can be uncomfortable. If you get it right, though, ...
The Panasonic VIERA TH-P50UT30A is the company’s cheapest 3D plasma TV, and its second cheapest 3D TV overall. It’s cheap when you consider that for less than a $1000 (street price) you get a 50in current-generation plasma panel with a 2000000:1 cont...
The Sony BRAVIA EX720 is the cheapest LED TV series in Sony’s lineup that can display 3D video. It has good picture quality specs -- an impressive contrast ratio and 200Hz refresh rate -- but it requires significant picture adjustment to look its bes...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- LG releases first flat screen OLED TV in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTData AnalystNSW