LG is among the first in Australia to offer OLED TVs, and its curved 55-inch variant ranks among the best televisions we’ve tested.
TVs - Reviews
LG introduced the first UHD television in the Australian market, an 84-inch set that carried a $17,999 price-tag. Two years on and the price of UHD has nose-dived, with the 40-inch LG 40UB800T offering the rich resolution at a price south of $1000.
Soniq’s 55in Full HD television is one of the few models of this size that can be purchased for under $1000 ($999, specifically). It’s the type of TV to go for when you want bang for buck as far as picture size is concerned, and if picture quality is...
LG’s 65UB980T is a 65in TV that represents the latest upgrade path for home entertainment and home theatre pursuits: bigger screens with a lot more pixels. This 65in monster has an ultra-high definition (UHD) resolution, and it’s capable of putting o...
Customers interested in buying a Sony Ultra high-definition television will probably end up with one of its X9000B sets. Pricing starts at $4999 for a 55in set, rises to $6999 for a 65in set and reaches $10,999 for one spanning 79in. Those pretty pen...
Soniq’s 23in HD LED LCD TV/DVD combo is a good deal if you’re after a spare TV and media player for anywhere in the home, and you don’t want to pay more than a couple of hundred bucks for one.
There's a huge lack of 4K or Ultra HD content and pricing is at a premium, but the LG LA9700 remains one of the most impressive TV's on the market.
Kogan is not a company you’d usually expect to stand out from the crowd, but its 55-inch Agora Smart 3D LED TV is unique in that it’s the first TV available in Australia that runs the Android 4.2 operating system.
Sony’s X Series BRAVIAs -- the 55-inch KD-55X9004A, the 65-inch KD-X9004A, and the 84-inch KD-84X900A -- are a trio of Ultra HD TVs, made to compete with the swathe of ultra high-def screens that will become popular in the next year.
Foxtel Play is a new, streamlined IPTV service from Australia’s largest cable TV company, with a no-contract subscription, reduced prices and updated packages. It’s meant to get Foxtel in the hands of anyone who doesn’t want a complicated, locked-in...
Sony used to be the king of TVs in Australia -- back in the days of Trinitron and WEGA, rear projection and CRT. The LCD era has been a little rocky, but with the advent of 4K the Japanese powerhouse is making strides again.
Google's new Chromecast device wants to make it dead-simple to play Internet video on your TV, using a huge range of phones, tablets, and laptops as your controller.
LG's LA8600 is the company's top of the line LED TV for 2013. Available in both 55in and 60in sizes, the LA8600 is a 200Hz, LED-backlit screen that includes LG's 'Magic Swivel' stand. Its Smart TV interface is neither as extensive or as smooth as Sam...
For the last few years, Samsung has surged ahead as the go-to company for thin, stylish, powerful LED TVs. Each model refresh has made everything thinner, faster, and more visually impressive. You’d be forgiven for not realising that Samsung actually...
Every year since 2010, Samsung has been an easy go-to for top-end LED TVs. They have always been slim, easy on your power bill, look great, and have a wealth of ground-breaking features. The 2013 edition of Samsung’s Series 8 LED is the fourth evolut...
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTransport Planner - GIS SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTData AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial ServicesVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW