Sony used to be the king of TVs in Australia -- back in the days of Trinitron and WEGA, rear projection and CRT. The LCD era has been a little rocky, but with the advent of 4K the Japanese powerhouse is making strides again.
Google's new Chromecast device wants to make it dead-simple to play Internet video on your TV, using a huge range of phones, tablets, and laptops as your controller.
LG's LA8600 is the company's top of the line LED TV for 2013. Available in both 55in and 60in sizes, the LA8600 is a 200Hz, LED-backlit screen that includes LG's 'Magic Swivel' stand. Its Smart TV interface is neither as extensive or as smooth as Sam...
For the last few years, Samsung has surged ahead as the go-to company for thin, stylish, powerful LED TVs. Each model refresh has made everything thinner, faster, and more visually impressive. You’d be forgiven for not realising that Samsung actually...
Every year since 2010, Samsung has been an easy go-to for top-end LED TVs. They have always been slim, easy on your power bill, look great, and have a wealth of ground-breaking features. The 2013 edition of Samsung’s Series 8 LED is the fourth evolut...
We haven’t seen a great deal of publicity locally from TCL in the past, but in the past few months the company has made an effort to show that it wants to be a big part of Australia’s TV market.
Hisense is a budget Chinese television manufacturer, whose products you’ll find in JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman and The Good Guys. They’re usually focused on cheaper models in the 42-inch and larger range, but the XT770 is their new top-of-the-range, 55-i...
In the past few years, we’ve seen Japanese TVs from Sony, Panasonic and Sharp supplanted by Korean brands like LG and Samsung, offering similar or better quality and innovative features for competitive prices.
Smart TVs have been all the rage for the last couple of years, with market leaders Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic and Sharp all implementing some manner of Web features into their premium panels. It’s only now that we’re starting to see cheaper televis...
Kogan has been making strides over the past few years, driving the prices of its home-brand TVs down while making them thinner and better-looking and including higher-quality components.
Yesterday, LG took the wraps off its new 84-inch Ultra Definition TV, the 84LM9600. It’s one of the largest televisions you can buy in Australia, sitting up top with a 75-inch Samsung, Sharp’s 80-inch AQUOS, and Sony’s own 84-inch 4K TV.
The Toshiba TL900A is a mid-range LED TV that’s available in 40in and 46in sizes, with a feature-set that’s competitive with similar models from Sony, Panasonic, LG and Samsung. It’s a reasonably cheap television that’s built to a high standard, with...
The LG LM6410 is a relatively new addition to LG’s 2012 Cinema 3D and Smart TV line-up, which also includes the generally impressive LM9600 and LM7600. It’s got most of the features of the more expensive models, with the key differences being in pic...
The LG LM7600 is part of LG’s 2012 Cinema 3D range -- it’s a passive 3D LED TV, with the same simple and attractive styling that features on other models like the LM9600. It misses out on most of the LM9600’s premium features like voice control and W...
The Panasonic VIERA sits in the mid-to-low end of Panasonic’s 2012 television line-up. It’s a passive 3D LED-edge-lit LCD TV, with Smart TV features built-in. It’s cheaper than other Panasonic LED TVs like the WT50A, ET50A and DT50A, and cheaper than...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- A new HDMI certification program will make it easier to avoid crappy cables
- Samsung denies its TVs game power consumption tests
- NASA joins the 4k party with an Ultra HD channel of its own
- Apple iPhone 6s, iPad Pro & Apple TV: The bullet points
- Apple gets Siri-ous about television with Apple TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTDigital ManagerNSW