Sony’s X Series BRAVIAs -- the 55-inch KD-55X9004A, the 65-inch KD-X9004A, and the 84-inch KD-84X900A -- are a trio of Ultra HD TVs, made to compete with the swathe of ultra high-def screens that will become popular in the next year.
Foxtel Play is a new, streamlined IPTV service from Australia’s largest cable TV company, with a no-contract subscription, reduced prices and updated packages. It’s meant to get Foxtel in the hands of anyone who doesn’t want a complicated, locked-in...
Sony used to be the king of TVs in Australia -- back in the days of Trinitron and WEGA, rear projection and CRT. The LCD era has been a little rocky, but with the advent of 4K the Japanese powerhouse is making strides again.
Google's new Chromecast device wants to make it dead-simple to play Internet video on your TV, using a huge range of phones, tablets, and laptops as your controller.
LG's LA8600 is the company's top of the line LED TV for 2013. Available in both 55in and 60in sizes, the LA8600 is a 200Hz, LED-backlit screen that includes LG's 'Magic Swivel' stand. Its Smart TV interface is neither as extensive or as smooth as Sam...
For the last few years, Samsung has surged ahead as the go-to company for thin, stylish, powerful LED TVs. Each model refresh has made everything thinner, faster, and more visually impressive. You’d be forgiven for not realising that Samsung actually...
Every year since 2010, Samsung has been an easy go-to for top-end LED TVs. They have always been slim, easy on your power bill, look great, and have a wealth of ground-breaking features. The 2013 edition of Samsung’s Series 8 LED is the fourth evolut...
We haven’t seen a great deal of publicity locally from TCL in the past, but in the past few months the company has made an effort to show that it wants to be a big part of Australia’s TV market.
Hisense is a budget Chinese television manufacturer, whose products you’ll find in JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman and The Good Guys. They’re usually focused on cheaper models in the 42-inch and larger range, but the XT770 is their new top-of-the-range, 55-i...
In the past few years, we’ve seen Japanese TVs from Sony, Panasonic and Sharp supplanted by Korean brands like LG and Samsung, offering similar or better quality and innovative features for competitive prices.
Smart TVs have been all the rage for the last couple of years, with market leaders Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic and Sharp all implementing some manner of Web features into their premium panels. It’s only now that we’re starting to see cheaper televis...
Kogan has been making strides over the past few years, driving the prices of its home-brand TVs down while making them thinner and better-looking and including higher-quality components.
Yesterday, LG took the wraps off its new 84-inch Ultra Definition TV, the 84LM9600. It’s one of the largest televisions you can buy in Australia, sitting up top with a 75-inch Samsung, Sharp’s 80-inch AQUOS, and Sony’s own 84-inch 4K TV.
The Toshiba TL900A is a mid-range LED TV that’s available in 40in and 46in sizes, with a feature-set that’s competitive with similar models from Sony, Panasonic, LG and Samsung. It’s a reasonably cheap television that’s built to a high standard, with...
The LG LM6410 is a relatively new addition to LG’s 2012 Cinema 3D and Smart TV line-up, which also includes the generally impressive LM9600 and LM7600. It’s got most of the features of the more expensive models, with the key differences being in pic...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- LG releases first flat screen OLED TV in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT