The Toshiba 19DV615Y is a 19in LCD television with an integrated DVD player. It has good picture quality for its size and the multimedia features are easy to use. If it was cheaper, we’d have no problems recommending it over competitors.
TVs - Reviews
The Sharp LC40LB700X is a 40in LED-backlit LCD television with great picture quality, vivid colours and an integrated Blu-ray disc player. It’s the most powerful all-in-one television we’ve seen, and its sharp and colourful images help to make it a g...
The Teac LCDV2655HD is a 26in LCD television with an integrated DVD player, a high-definition resolution and a simple interface.
The LG 50PS80ED is a good 50in plasma television for anyone who watches a lot of broadcast television and wants something that looks great. It has a few features that set it apart from the crowd, including an internal hard drive.
The Sony Bravia KDL32W5500 is a Full HD 32in LCD television with multimedia features, good picture quality and a modern design. It’s one of the best mid-size LCD screens we’ve tested, but its price is double that of some other 32in TVs we’ve seen.
Kogan’s 1080P-32 is a good mid-size LCD television for a budget buyer. It has picture quality good enough to enjoy Blu-ray movies, although you’ll need a separate sound system to really get the most out of them.
The Teco TAL2226 is a 22in LCD television that is well suited as a backup screen in a study or bedroom; it is sufficient for casual television watching.
The Sony Bravia KDL52Z5500 is a 52in LCD television with a 200Hz refresh rate. It’s the successor to the Bravia KDL52Z4500, with a new video processor and improved multimedia playback. The TV gives you a lot of control over motion control and picture...
The Hisense HL119V88PZ is a budget 47in LCD TV with a 100Hz mode. Marketed at a very reasonable price, it’s a big screen with decent picture quality, although enthusiasts would be well advised to look further afield.
The Hisense HL81V68P is a 32in (81cm) LCD television aimed at budget buyers. It’s not as advanced as TVs from the big-name brands but it has acceptable picture quality for the casual viewer.
The Sony XEL-1 is an OLED television with an 11in screen and a price-tag of $7000. While this combination guarantees it will only make it onto the sprawling mahogany desks of ultra-rich executives, there’s little doubt that it has the best picture qu...
Samsung's 46in Series 8 (UA46B8000) LED TV is the most 'complete' television we've seen so far: it offers Internet and network connectivity, multimedia playback features and LED backlighting.
The Teac LCD228HDM is a 22in LCD television with a multi-card reader and USB 2.0 port that let you display photos and play videos and music. A range of inputs allows external devices like an HDD recorder or desktop PC to be connected.
The Panasonic TH-P42S10A is a 42in plasma television with a mid-range feature set. Its screen refresh rate isn’t as high as the slightly more expensive Panasonic TH-P50G10A. Nonetheless its picture quality is good, providing vibrant colours and smoot...
Panasonic's TH-P50G10A is a 50in plasma television that sits near the top of the company's range. A modern design houses a plasma panel with bleeding edge technology and the quality of the picture is exceptional for this price point.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- FTSenior Python DeveloperVIC
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerVIC