The Hisense HL119V88PZ is a budget 47in LCD TV with a 100Hz mode. Marketed at a very reasonable price, it’s a big screen with decent picture quality, although enthusiasts would be well advised to look further afield.
The Hisense HL81V68P is a 32in (81cm) LCD television aimed at budget buyers. It’s not as advanced as TVs from the big-name brands but it has acceptable picture quality for the casual viewer.
The Sony XEL-1 is an OLED television with an 11in screen and a price-tag of $7000. While this combination guarantees it will only make it onto the sprawling mahogany desks of ultra-rich executives, there’s little doubt that it has the best picture qu...
Samsung's 46in Series 8 (UA46B8000) LED TV is the most 'complete' television we've seen so far: it offers Internet and network connectivity, multimedia playback features and LED backlighting.
The Teac LCD228HDM is a 22in LCD television with a multi-card reader and USB 2.0 port that let you display photos and play videos and music. A range of inputs allows external devices like an HDD recorder or desktop PC to be connected.
The Panasonic TH-P42S10A is a 42in plasma television with a mid-range feature set. Its screen refresh rate isn’t as high as the slightly more expensive Panasonic TH-P50G10A. Nonetheless its picture quality is good, providing vibrant colours and smoot...
Panasonic's TH-P50G10A is a 50in plasma television that sits near the top of the company's range. A modern design houses a plasma panel with bleeding edge technology and the quality of the picture is exceptional for this price point.
Sony’s Bravia KDL22S5700 is a 22in LCD television that’s stylish, portable and capable. It’s not a Full HD TV, but given its screen size, it doesn’t need to be. Its picture quality is better than we expected.
The Sony Bravia KDL40E4500 is a mid-range LCD television that offers good picture quality rather than great, but the overall package is worth the money.
The Sony Bravia KDL46WE5 LCD TV is the Japanese electronic giant’s latest attempt at an energy-efficient television. But while it has green credentials, it’s not nearly as pretty as other Sony televisions.
LG's 42in 42LH50YD is the company’s first attempt at a 200Hz LCD television. It's a competent panel that offers good motion control. Picture quality is good for the asking price, with vibrant colours and sharp detail.
Panasonic’s Premiere Series plasma televisions, the 50in TH-50VX100W and 65in TH-65VX100W, provide exceptional picture quality. However, installation is more of a hassle than with most TVs. If you’re going to the trouble of setting up a home theatre,...
The 42in Sharp LC42D77X LCD television uses a traditional fluorescent backlight and offers 100Hz motion smoothing. It has good colour accuracy, motion handling and a crisp picture, but the multimedia features other companies are starting to implement...
The Sony Bravia KDL40ZX1 is a Full HD LCD television that uses a high-definition wireless media streamer for delivering video. It is a great demonstration of the direction LCD television technology is taking and it comes highly recommended -- if you ...
The Pioneer KURO PDP-C509A is a 50in television that utilises the ninth and final generation of Pioneer’s KURO plasma panel technology. Despite having a price half that of the company's flagship KURO PDP-LX609A, it delivers almost-peerless picture qu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- LG releases first flat screen OLED TV in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia