While the price of some premium 4K TVs is falling rapidly, there are some ‘less premium’ models hitting the market that are dramatically cheaper. And they’re pretty good too. TCL’s $1799, 55-inch C155US is one of them and, coming in at less-than-half...
Sony’s new 4K TVs have launched and pose a threat to LG’s OLED technology with their High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology and relatively-low price.
The X9400C has an LED-backlit LCD panel that spans 75-inches. It supports ultra high definition (UHD) content with a resolution of 3840x2160, is powered by Sony’s X1 processor and it is backed by the company’s suite of proprietary technologies.
LG’s 55EG960T is a 55-inch television that combines the holy trinity of emerging technologies. Along with its OLED panel, there is an ultra-high-definition (UHD, aka 4K) resolution and a curved form factor.
Firefox is the operating system found on Panasonic’s 2015 televisions, including the CX700A, a 60-inch smart television powered by a quad-core processor. It sits at the premium end of the range and is available as a 50-, 55- and 65-inch set.
The 65UF950T is an LED-backlit LCD television that supports the nascent ultra high definition resolution. Plenty of hype surrounds the UHD standard, as its 3840x2160 resolution crams 8.29 million pixels into a panel -- four times the amount found on ...
The JS9500 is a curved Samsung UHD television offered in 65, 77 and 88-inch variants. It tops Samsung's 2015 range by introducing new nano-crystal technology for improved colours and brightness.
LG is among the first in Australia to offer OLED TVs, and its curved 55-inch variant ranks among the best televisions we’ve tested.
LG introduced the first UHD television in the Australian market, an 84-inch set that carried a $17,999 price-tag. Two years on and the price of UHD has nose-dived, with the 40-inch LG 40UB800T offering the rich resolution at a price south of $1000.
Soniq’s 55in Full HD television is one of the few models of this size that can be purchased for under $1000 ($999, specifically). It’s the type of TV to go for when you want bang for buck as far as picture size is concerned, and if picture quality is...
LG’s 65UB980T is a 65in TV that represents the latest upgrade path for home entertainment and home theatre pursuits: bigger screens with a lot more pixels. This 65in monster has an ultra-high definition (UHD) resolution, and it’s capable of putting o...
Customers interested in buying a Sony Ultra high-definition television will probably end up with one of its X9000B sets. Pricing starts at $4999 for a 55in set, rises to $6999 for a 65in set and reaches $10,999 for one spanning 79in. Those pretty pen...
Soniq’s 23in HD LED LCD TV/DVD combo is a good deal if you’re after a spare TV and media player for anywhere in the home, and you don’t want to pay more than a couple of hundred bucks for one.
There's a huge lack of 4K or Ultra HD content and pricing is at a premium, but the LG LA9700 remains one of the most impressive TV's on the market.
Kogan is not a company you’d usually expect to stand out from the crowd, but its 55-inch Agora Smart 3D LED TV is unique in that it’s the first TV available in Australia that runs the Android 4.2 operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTData AnalystACT