It all started back at the Australian Grand Prix. We spent a day walking past an amazing TV display in the Paddock thinking they were OLED TVs thanks to their amazing colour reproduction and, what appeared to be true blacks. Only later did we find ou...
While the price of some premium 4K TVs is falling rapidly, there are some ‘less premium’ models hitting the market that are dramatically cheaper. And they’re pretty good too. TCL’s $1799, 55-inch C155US is one of them and, coming in at less-than-half...
Sony’s new 4K TVs have launched and pose a threat to LG’s OLED technology with their High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology and relatively-low price.
The X9400C has an LED-backlit LCD panel that spans 75-inches. It supports ultra high definition (UHD) content with a resolution of 3840x2160, is powered by Sony’s X1 processor and it is backed by the company’s suite of proprietary technologies.
LG’s 55EG960T is a 55-inch television that combines the holy trinity of emerging technologies. Along with its OLED panel, there is an ultra-high-definition (UHD, aka 4K) resolution and a curved form factor.
Firefox is the operating system found on Panasonic’s 2015 televisions, including the CX700A, a 60-inch smart television powered by a quad-core processor. It sits at the premium end of the range and is available as a 50-, 55- and 65-inch set.
The 65UF950T is an LED-backlit LCD television that supports the nascent ultra high definition resolution. Plenty of hype surrounds the UHD standard, as its 3840x2160 resolution crams 8.29 million pixels into a panel -- four times the amount found on ...
The JS9500 is a curved Samsung UHD television offered in 65, 77 and 88-inch variants. It tops Samsung's 2015 range by introducing new nano-crystal technology for improved colours and brightness.
LG is among the first in Australia to offer OLED TVs, and its curved 55-inch variant ranks among the best televisions we’ve tested.
LG introduced the first UHD television in the Australian market, an 84-inch set that carried a $17,999 price-tag. Two years on and the price of UHD has nose-dived, with the 40-inch LG 40UB800T offering the rich resolution at a price south of $1000.
Soniq’s 55in Full HD television is one of the few models of this size that can be purchased for under $1000 ($999, specifically). It’s the type of TV to go for when you want bang for buck as far as picture size is concerned, and if picture quality is...
LG’s 65UB980T is a 65in TV that represents the latest upgrade path for home entertainment and home theatre pursuits: bigger screens with a lot more pixels. This 65in monster has an ultra-high definition (UHD) resolution, and it’s capable of putting o...
Customers interested in buying a Sony Ultra high-definition television will probably end up with one of its X9000B sets. Pricing starts at $4999 for a 55in set, rises to $6999 for a 65in set and reaches $10,999 for one spanning 79in. Those pretty pen...
Soniq’s 23in HD LED LCD TV/DVD combo is a good deal if you’re after a spare TV and media player for anywhere in the home, and you don’t want to pay more than a couple of hundred bucks for one.
There's a huge lack of 4K or Ultra HD content and pricing is at a premium, but the LG LA9700 remains one of the most impressive TV's on the market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia