Sony USA has dropped a pre-CES hint to its plans for what it calls the‘4K Ultra HD’ format -- it will include “the world’s first 4K Ultra HD delivery solution” free with any purchase of its KD-84X9000 BRAVIA TV.
TVs - News
LG has introduced a Game World portal for its Smart TV service, bringing over 80 games to its 2012 range of Cinema 3D TVs. This move singles LG out as the only Smart TV provider with a significant library of tailor-made games available directly throu...
Samsung has let slip that it will be showing an 85-inch Ultra High-Definition TV at CES in Las Vegas in early January 2013.
The 13-week trial of audio description running on the ABC has come to a close, with the service suspended until further notice as the government deliberates on its future.
Sony’s 84-inch 4K-resolution BRAVIA XBR900 LED TV will cost a full $24,999 for anyone willing to lay down a pre-order at one of the company’s capital city branded stores.
The official nomenclature for the next generation of televisions has been confirmed -- Full HD is gone from the top of the pecking order, and Ultra HD has taken its place.
LG has kicked off this year’s Christmas promotional rush with an offer for any prospective TV buyer: buy a Cinema 3D TV, and get up to $1000 worth of movie tickets for free.
LG’s biggest, most detailed and most expensive television, the 84LM9600 Ultra Definition TV, will be available in Australia in mid-November for $15,999.
A prototype Super Hi-Vision camera from Japanese public broadcaster NHK, on show at the International Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam,
We’ve been waiting with bated breath since January to get our hands on a new OLED TV. With vague promises of “by the end of the year” and “before Christmas” -- which are pretty much the same thing -- we haven’t had a set date to look forward to. But ...
If you're looking for a way to lift your TV up by a few inches, and if you want better sound quality for your shows and movies, Bose has you covered: its new Solo sound system fits under a compact, high-quality speaker under your screen.
Sony's headquarters in Japan has followed up the recent fanfare of its BRAVIA XBR-84X900 ultra-high definition TV with another new model: the range-topping BRAVIA HX950.
At this year's IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin, companies demonstrated a huge range of new technologies: ultra-high definition TVs, hybrid tablets based on Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8, and the first device based on the next generation of W...
This year at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin vendors introduced and demonstrated a plethora of ultra-high resolution TVs, hybrid tablets based on Microsoft's upcoming operating systems, as well as the first device based on Windows Phone 8...
One of the biggest trends at this year's IFA is 4K TV, which improves on today's high-definition TV with four times the number of pixels than current sets, but HBO's CTO Robert Zitter hesitates over the technology's chance to make it big.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTGraduate Application Support Analyst -SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCCommunications Network EngineerWA
- CCTest Manager OfficeACT
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- FTJava Developer - Short team Contract @ CanberraVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTArchitect (Technical)NSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- CCHyperion SpecialistQLD
- FTAgile Project ManagerACT
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW