Samsung has let slip that it will be showing an 85-inch Ultra High-Definition TV at CES in Las Vegas in early January 2013.
TVs - News
The 13-week trial of audio description running on the ABC has come to a close, with the service suspended until further notice as the government deliberates on its future.
Sony’s 84-inch 4K-resolution BRAVIA XBR900 LED TV will cost a full $24,999 for anyone willing to lay down a pre-order at one of the company’s capital city branded stores.
The official nomenclature for the next generation of televisions has been confirmed -- Full HD is gone from the top of the pecking order, and Ultra HD has taken its place.
LG has kicked off this year’s Christmas promotional rush with an offer for any prospective TV buyer: buy a Cinema 3D TV, and get up to $1000 worth of movie tickets for free.
LG’s biggest, most detailed and most expensive television, the 84LM9600 Ultra Definition TV, will be available in Australia in mid-November for $15,999.
A prototype Super Hi-Vision camera from Japanese public broadcaster NHK, on show at the International Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam,
We’ve been waiting with bated breath since January to get our hands on a new OLED TV. With vague promises of “by the end of the year” and “before Christmas” -- which are pretty much the same thing -- we haven’t had a set date to look forward to. But ...
If you're looking for a way to lift your TV up by a few inches, and if you want better sound quality for your shows and movies, Bose has you covered: its new Solo sound system fits under a compact, high-quality speaker under your screen.
Sony's headquarters in Japan has followed up the recent fanfare of its BRAVIA XBR-84X900 ultra-high definition TV with another new model: the range-topping BRAVIA HX950.
At this year's IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin, companies demonstrated a huge range of new technologies: ultra-high definition TVs, hybrid tablets based on Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8, and the first device based on the next generation of W...
This year at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin vendors introduced and demonstrated a plethora of ultra-high resolution TVs, hybrid tablets based on Microsoft's upcoming operating systems, as well as the first device based on Windows Phone 8...
One of the biggest trends at this year's IFA is 4K TV, which improves on today's high-definition TV with four times the number of pixels than current sets, but HBO's CTO Robert Zitter hesitates over the technology's chance to make it big.
The big TV announcements of the Internationale Funkaustellung Berlin -- IFA to you and me -- have come and gone.
At a hands-on session at Sony’s Sydney headquarters yesterday, we had a half-hour to play around with the new XBR-84X900 BRAVIA -- Sony’s debut 4K TV, and its largest LCD screen to date.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTMDM - ConsultantNSW
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA