Sony is at Wimbledon this year pushing the wonders of 4K resolution to the strawberries-and-cream-eating masses at the famous British tennis tournament this week..
TVs - News
LG has today announced the launch of its Laser Display, a short throw DLP display that projects 100in of full HD video onto a specially designed screen.
PlexConnect is a clever project: a free command-line tool that lets you view content from your Plex Media Server on your Apple TV--without jailbreaking Apple's set-top box. That scratches an itch for me; though I maintain a Mac mini media center, the...
Sony has announced its 2013 range of BRAVIA LED TVs, with 17 models ranging from a $749 32-inch to the company’s existing $24,999, 84-inch Ultra HD behemoth. Almost all the new screens have built-in Wi-Fi, and several of the new TVs integrate NFC chi...
Not one to be upstaged by fierce rival Samsung, LG has introduced a swathe of new TVs onto the Australian market for 2013. The company is doubling-down on two new technologies -- Ultra HD, and OLED -- and isn’t afraid of showing off its commitment.
Samsung has jam-packed the Galaxy S4 with fancy features, but there’s one that stands out in making the new handset attractive to anyone who’s looking to buy a new phone and a TV in the near future.
Samsung has launched its 2013 line-up of LED and plasma TVs with massive fanfare, pushing new features that make its TVs easier to use, and more responsive to the content being watched on them.
Australian video-on-demand service Quickflix will offer episodes of Game of Thrones for online streaming hours after they are broadcast in the US, after a deal was sealed with the show’s creator HBO.
If you have an emotional attachment to your tech gear, then that's fine. But if you have tech gear that you want to throw out, be environmentally responsible and use a proper recycling service. TechCollect is hoping to break a record for e-waste coll...
SBS has re-launched its SBS 2 digital TV multi-channel, alongside a unique service that will stream entire original series online as soon as the first episode is broadcast on TV.
Police are urging TV buyers to be wary of deals “too good to be true”, with 250 Soniq TVs still missing after a burglary in Sydney’s south-west a fortnight ago.
The ACCC and BIG W have issued a national recall for a 50-inch plasma TV made by Vivo. The Vivo PTV50HD plasma’s stand “may break unexpectedly”, dropping the TV panel forwards. Any BIG W customer that has bought a Vivo PTV50HD has been urged to cease...
In the brightening light of renewed competition from established Smart TV heavyweights Samsung and LG, Panasonic has unveiled its 2013 range of VIERA LED-LCD and plasma TVs. The range is made up of a total of 25 models: 19 LED-LCD and six plasma. Siz...
Nielsen’s annual Australian Connected Consumers report reveals that a third of Australian households have a TV that can access the Internet -- slightly more than the number of homes with access to an Internet-enabled tablet.
LG’s next generation of Smart TVs will run webOS, the mobile operating system developed by Palm and HP.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTPMO And Governance ManagerNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTSenior Digital Business Analyst, AGILE, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA