Want to watch Blu-ray flicks on your Sony PlayStation Portable? Okay, you can't watch them natively on the handheld--the system tops out at 480x272 lines of resolution, after all. But according to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Sony Computer En...
Several major consumer electronics companies have started working together to develop a common interface for hooking up cell phones and portable gadgets to TV sets.
Internet-enabled TV sets could see wider adoption in the next few years as viewers get comfortable with the idea of running widgets on TV screens, according to a study released by Ernst & Young on Thursday.
Sony has developed a movie camera capable of shooting 3D images with a single lens and plans to unveil it at next week's Ceatec show in Tokyo.
Sony has announced a promotion tripling the length of its LCD and LED television warranties, extending them from 12 to 36 months.
From today, Sharp Australia is offering a free Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite games console and four games when customers purchase select Sharp AQUOS LCD televisions.
Sharp has launched locally the first LED-backlit LCD television with an integrated Blu-ray disc player, the 40in AQUOS LC-40LB700X. This television has a six star energy rating, 100Hz motion control and multimedia connectivity.
Akamai Tuesday began pitching its new HD Network as the perfect solution for entertainment companies that want to deliver high-definition video streams over the Internet.
Break out the Elvis, baby, because the holiday shopping season may be a Blue Christmas for gadget retailers.
In a gargantuan effort to maintain its user-base and attract new subscribers, pay television provider Foxtel will give out iQ digital video recorders to new customers, as well as offer thirty new channels and a digital download service that allows su...
Panasonic has unveiled a prototype 50-inch television and companion glasses that together give the viewer the illusion of three dimensions. The TV is being unveiled less than a month after Panasonic said it plans to commercialize 3D home entertainmen...
Intel Corporation has unveiled a 45 nanometre (nm) system-on-chip (SoC) processor, ushering in a new era of communication technologies.
Australian consumers have bucked the global trend towards economic downturn, buying more gadgets and digital products in the first half of 2009 than the corresponding period in any previous year.
For TV addicts it could be the ultimate remote control: a 7-inch portable touchscreen that can not only control gadgets in the living room but also check out and what's playing on channels other than the one currently showing on the big screen.
Sharp Australia has released its first LED-backlit LCD television: the LC-40LE700EX. The TV boasts a 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio and low power consumption.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 4K Blu-ray player debuts locally in May
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Smart TVs at risk from cyber crooks, report finds
- Netflix inches towards global dominance
- All Samsung smart TVs will be 'IoT-ready' in 2016
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW