Like the idea of Google TV, with its web browsing, applications and powerful search, but don't want another box sitting around your TV? Then you'll love the new HDTVs Sony unveiled at a press event in New York today. They incorporate the same Google ...
TVs - News
For more than three years now, Apple TV has been the one Apple product that buyers were uncertain about. Originally billed as an iPod for your TV, early versions carried a hefty price tag -- $299 initially -- and some annoyances, including synchroniz...
The economy isn't the only thing that goes through cycles. Hype, believe it or not, is cyclical, too, according to the analysts at Gartner, who today released their 2010 Hype Cycle report. Technologies closing in on the "Peak of Inflated Expectations...
Australians are increasingly using their computers for watching movies and TV, playing games and listening to music.
A report released by Canon has shown that the television market is stronger than ever, with sales rising and viewers spending more time in front of the screen each day.
Toshiba is readying two 3D televisions that can produce images with the illusion of depth but don't require the user to wear glasses, it said Monday. It will launch the televisions in Japan in December. By dispensing with glasses, the TVs answer a ke...
The jailbreaking of Apple TV, days after shipping, is no surprise. The real delight will come in the weeks and months ahead, as hackers and developers start figuring out what to do with Apple's liberated set-top box.
Foxtel has launched an online video-on-demand service for its Foxtel iQ2 set-top boxes, allowing subscribers to purchase TV shows and movies directly from the device.
Apple will add App Store functionality to its new, miniature Apple TV in the near future, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Toshiba will unveil a 3D TV on Monday that doesn't require the viewer to wear glasses.
Pay TV operator Foxtel today announced that it would launch what it claimed was Australia's first 3D channel on 1 November, along with four new high definition channels.
You can jailbreak your iPhone, your iPod Touch, and your iPad, but what about your brand new Apple TV?
The Nine Network will launch a third free-to-air digital television channel called GEM, scheduled to begin broadcasting a day after Seven's launch of 7Mate.
Mitsubishi Electric will begin selling this month a modular display that can be built to almost any size by combining square display blocks. The screen is based on OLED (organic light-emitting diode) technology and is intended for advertising and pub...
SanDisk today announced a joint agreement with middleware vendor NDS MediaHighway that will allow it to sell its solid-state drives (SSD) to set-top box makers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- CCTest Engineer - BankingQLD
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectSA
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTData ScientistSA
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - 12 month contract, ASAP startVIC
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperWA
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA