Toshiba is readying two 3D televisions that can produce images with the illusion of depth but don't require the user to wear glasses, it said Monday. It will launch the televisions in Japan in December. By dispensing with glasses, the TVs answer a ke...
The jailbreaking of Apple TV, days after shipping, is no surprise. The real delight will come in the weeks and months ahead, as hackers and developers start figuring out what to do with Apple's liberated set-top box.
Foxtel has launched an online video-on-demand service for its Foxtel iQ2 set-top boxes, allowing subscribers to purchase TV shows and movies directly from the device.
Apple will add App Store functionality to its new, miniature Apple TV in the near future, a Wall Street analyst said today.
Toshiba will unveil a 3D TV on Monday that doesn't require the viewer to wear glasses.
Pay TV operator Foxtel today announced that it would launch what it claimed was Australia's first 3D channel on 1 November, along with four new high definition channels.
You can jailbreak your iPhone, your iPod Touch, and your iPad, but what about your brand new Apple TV?
The Nine Network will launch a third free-to-air digital television channel called GEM, scheduled to begin broadcasting a day after Seven's launch of 7Mate.
Mitsubishi Electric will begin selling this month a modular display that can be built to almost any size by combining square display blocks. The screen is based on OLED (organic light-emitting diode) technology and is intended for advertising and pub...
SanDisk today announced a joint agreement with middleware vendor NDS MediaHighway that will allow it to sell its solid-state drives (SSD) to set-top box makers.
Sony plans to end manufacturing of televisions in Europe this year and will sell its TV manufacturing plant in Spain to two local companies, it said Tuesday. The move, which is part of Sony's ongoing restructuring, will increase the company's relianc...
Google CEO Eric Schmidt said Tuesday that the company will launch its TV service in the U.S. this fall.
As part of recent a demonstration of Google TV, Eric Schmidt said something that would probably make Steve Jobs cringe.
There were a lot of rumors and expectations ahead of Apple's much-hyped music event yesterday. As expected, Apple unveiled a new touch-based iPod Nano, and an iPod Touch sporting the company's A4 processor, its super-high-resolution Retina display, a...
Apple announced its second-generation Apple TV during a press event Wednesday, showing off the updated device, which streams movies from the Internet or mobile devices directly to TV sets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- LG releases first flat screen OLED TV in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC