At an event in Singapore, Samsung has announced that its 'Smart TV' Series 8 (D8000) and Series 7 (D7000) LED TVs set to be released in April 2011 will be able to wirelessly transmit live TV and other video content to Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet...
A government-funded research institute in Taiwan have kicked off a three-year effort to develop cheaper, longer-lasting LED backlights in mobile phones, notebook PCs and television sets, a project manager said on Friday.
Taiwan's AU Optronics, one of the biggest LCD screen makers in the world, said Thursday it filed two separate lawsuits in the U.S. against Sharp, alleging the infringement of nine LCD screen-related patents in all.
BBC director general Mark Thompson has told attendees of the Financial Times Digital Media & Broadcasting Conference that the BBC's iPlayer video streaming service will be available worldwide in 2011, for a subscription fee less than US$10 per month.
The BBC iPlayer is now offering web users the chance to watch TV shows broadcast on rival channels including ITV and Five.
A spokesperson for the Australian government's Digital Switchover Taskforce has confirmed that television transmission infrastructure in Queensland was not significantly affected by Cyclone Yasi and recent flooding in the area.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has concluded a review of consumer, reception, interference and technical issues surrounding the broadcast of 3D TV in Australia. The Australian regulatory body has released a new set of guidel...
Mitsubishi Electric Australia has confirmed the availability of its latest Diamond Vision OLED screens, aimed at digital signage and indoor advertising. The 384x384mm screens can be interconnected to create even larger panel sizes -- a 100in version ...
Engineers at Japanese public broadcaster NHK (Nippon Hoso Kyokai) have developed a system that can overlay Google Earth-like labels over live TV images from helicopters.
Stiff price competition in the flat-screen TV market and the strong Japanese yen hurt profits at Sony in the last three months of 2010, the company said Thursday.
Panasonic has announced the Australian availability of its 103in and 85in Full HD 3D plasma TVs. The professional-grade plasma TVs were showcased at the 2010 Integrate exhibition in Sydney, with the 103in model currently the largest 3D plasma panel a...
Online-only electronics retailer Kogan has announced what it calls a 'massive success' for the first day of its LivePrice early-bird pricing system, with $329,965 of orders placed since its launch on the morning of February 2.
Online electronics retailer Kogan has launched its LivePrice dynamic pricing system in Australia, with 20 products available to purchase early in their production cycle for a lower-than-retail price on the Kogan Australia Web site.
TV manufacturer Sharp will sell some of its LCD TVs under the Pioneer brand in the USA and Canada after a deal between the two companies, but Australia will miss out.
Australian online retailer Kogan has drawn the covers off a new set of LED TVs in its online store.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW