2011 was an interesting, if uninspiring year, for the global and Australian television markets: more 3D TVs (and fewer 3D broadcasts), more video and movies on demand, more superfluous features, and not a great deal else. We’re tipping 2012 to be at ...
TVs - News
We found out about Oakley's GASCAN 3D glasses when LG announced a collaboration between the two companies, and we were immediately dubious.
The days leading up to Black Friday always bring door-buster deals on big-screen TVs, and this year is no exception. According to market research firm IHS, U.S. retailers will sell 42in, 1080p LED HDTVs for less than US$400 by Black Friday.
LG has released the results from a test conducted with Australian consumers in Westfield shopping centres around Australia, saying that four out of five Australians prefer its passive Cinema 3D televisions over competitors Sony and Samsung.
"A very limited number" of three 40in Sony BRAVIA LCD TV models sold during 2007 and 2008 could in rare cases "over-heat and ignite", emitting smoking and melting the TV's rear plastic casing. Sony has voluntarily initiated a repair program, with in-...
Polarized "passive" 3D TVs hit the market in the beginning of the year as a response to the bulky, expensive, complicated active-shutter 3D TVs that turned off many would-be buyers. But many home theater enthusiasts (and TV manufacturers) claimed tha...
Long-awaited talking digital TV set-top boxes have finally been made available for sale in Australia, after a lengthy testing and trial period. The boxes are not yet confirmed as part of the Australian Government's Household Assistance Scheme for the...
Samsung is liquidating its stock of 3D glasses for its 2010 range of 3D TVs -- the first generation of 3D models which included the excellent Series 7 LED, Series 7 plasma, and $10000 Series 9 LED -- and giving them away for free to anyone willing to...
Online-only electronics retailer Kogan has started a new campaign to publicise the low cost of its TVs, promising freebies if consumers can find a cheaper equivalent TV advertised by bricks-and-mortar stores Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi.
Panasonic, Samsung and Sony are collaborating on a universal standard for 3D TV glasses, working with XPAND 3D to bring out active-shutter glasses that will work on several kinds of 3D TVs from each of the brands. Production of the new all-in-one gla...
Apple laptop and desktop computers, digital cameras and TVs are just a few of the products attracting significant savings at a three-hour-long JB Hi-Fi 'Friends and Family' sale being held at the retailer's stores tonight.
A controversial decision during last night's British Grand Prix race of the Formula 1 championship has led to a backlash from fans of the Red Bull Racing (RBR) constructors' team. Criticism on Facebook and Twitter reached fever pitch with a thousand ...
Panasonic is putting a call out to application developers for its 2011 VIERA plasma and LCD TVs.
Sharp and NHK may be bringing us the 33-million pixel HDTV but Samsung's 8-million pixel, 70in HDTV sounds impressive in its own right.
Kogan has announced it will sell a range of 3D TVs, 3D Blu-ray players and active 3D glasses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- NSPython Developer (DevOps)NSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW