LG has released the results from a test conducted with Australian consumers in Westfield shopping centres around Australia, saying that four out of five Australians prefer its passive Cinema 3D televisions over competitors Sony and Samsung.
"A very limited number" of three 40in Sony BRAVIA LCD TV models sold during 2007 and 2008 could in rare cases "over-heat and ignite", emitting smoking and melting the TV's rear plastic casing. Sony has voluntarily initiated a repair program, with in-...
Polarized "passive" 3D TVs hit the market in the beginning of the year as a response to the bulky, expensive, complicated active-shutter 3D TVs that turned off many would-be buyers. But many home theater enthusiasts (and TV manufacturers) claimed tha...
Long-awaited talking digital TV set-top boxes have finally been made available for sale in Australia, after a lengthy testing and trial period. The boxes are not yet confirmed as part of the Australian Government's Household Assistance Scheme for the...
Samsung is liquidating its stock of 3D glasses for its 2010 range of 3D TVs -- the first generation of 3D models which included the excellent Series 7 LED, Series 7 plasma, and $10000 Series 9 LED -- and giving them away for free to anyone willing to...
Online-only electronics retailer Kogan has started a new campaign to publicise the low cost of its TVs, promising freebies if consumers can find a cheaper equivalent TV advertised by bricks-and-mortar stores Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi.
Panasonic, Samsung and Sony are collaborating on a universal standard for 3D TV glasses, working with XPAND 3D to bring out active-shutter glasses that will work on several kinds of 3D TVs from each of the brands. Production of the new all-in-one gla...
Apple laptop and desktop computers, digital cameras and TVs are just a few of the products attracting significant savings at a three-hour-long JB Hi-Fi 'Friends and Family' sale being held at the retailer's stores tonight.
A controversial decision during last night's British Grand Prix race of the Formula 1 championship has led to a backlash from fans of the Red Bull Racing (RBR) constructors' team. Criticism on Facebook and Twitter reached fever pitch with a thousand ...
Panasonic is putting a call out to application developers for its 2011 VIERA plasma and LCD TVs.
Sharp and NHK may be bringing us the 33-million pixel HDTV but Samsung's 8-million pixel, 70in HDTV sounds impressive in its own right.
Kogan has announced it will sell a range of 3D TVs, 3D Blu-ray players and active 3D glasses.
Technology analyst Ovum has released a report on the state of 3D TV programming around the world, saying that broadcasters are uninterested in investing in the expertise and technology required to create 3D programming. This means the amount of 3D pr...
One of the contracted installers for the digital TV switchover Household Assistance Scheme has moved to reject comparisons to the Government's controversial home insulation and education infrastructure programs. Skybridge, a satellite and terrestrial...
Panasonic has launched its 2011 television line-up, with both plasma and LED 3D TVs released. A full range of televisions from cheap small LCD TVs to big-screen plasma TVs are available, with models released from May onwards.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW