Apple is planning to show off a new operating system for the Apple TV at the Worldwide Developers Conference, which kicks off 11 June. This new OS will run on the current Apple TV, as well as the HDTV Apple is planning to launch.
TVs - News
Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed that Apple has “some incredible things coming out,” and spent some time speaking about the television business, but he added that the company would “double down on secrecy on products”.
If you thought LG's 84in 4K HDTV was too crazy to be real, you probably won't believe in this insane 33-megapixel Super Hi-Vision-format camera.
The International Telecommunication Union has taken a big step towards the future of television broadcasting, with the release of a recommendation on the resolution of Ultra High Definition Television.
The Australian Government has begun a parliamentary inquiry into technology prices, and will report on whether Australians pay more for IT hardware, video games, e-books, music and videos sold online than buyers in the US, UK and the Asia-Pacific.
Australia is in the dark ages when it comes to online video on demand services, with users tied to redundant cable TV subscriptions or forced to pay high prices for new content.
Quickflix has launched its WatchNow app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. The app lets Quickflix subscribers watch movies and TV shows on their Apple devices, with a streaming subscription costing as little as $14.99 per month.
Quickflix users can now stream movies and TV shows directly to their Apple devices with the launch of dedicated apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Australia is one step ahead of the US when it comes to online streaming of the popular TV show Game of Thrones: episodes of the show's currently-airing second season aren't available online through the US iTunes Store, Netflix or Hulu.
Sony has dropped over half of its existing TV line-up, with only nine TVs to be released this year. The line-up has been simplified from 2011’s 22 models, with the NX series discontinued and the HX and EX series consolidated into four models.
Channel Ten's fledgling video-on-demand service will make its smart TV debut in June on Sony TVs and Blu-ray players.
Sony is in talks with Taiwan-based AU Optronics to produce a next-generation OLED TV, Reuters reports.
LG has announced a new range of LED and plasma TVs for 2012, heavily pushing its Cinema 3D models as well as smart technology.
Samsung introduced its 2012 TV range last night, with a total of 44 LED and plasma televisions to be made available over the next year.
Panasonic has announced its 2012 television line-up in Australia, with 10 new plasma and 13 new LED TVs to go on sale from April.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle/PL/SQL) 160930/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle) 161012/SSA/623Asia
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD