The Australian Government has begun a parliamentary inquiry into technology prices, and will report on whether Australians pay more for IT hardware, video games, e-books, music and videos sold online than buyers in the US, UK and the Asia-Pacific.
Australia is in the dark ages when it comes to online video on demand services, with users tied to redundant cable TV subscriptions or forced to pay high prices for new content.
Quickflix has launched its WatchNow app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. The app lets Quickflix subscribers watch movies and TV shows on their Apple devices, with a streaming subscription costing as little as $14.99 per month.
Quickflix users can now stream movies and TV shows directly to their Apple devices with the launch of dedicated apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Australia is one step ahead of the US when it comes to online streaming of the popular TV show Game of Thrones: episodes of the show's currently-airing second season aren't available online through the US iTunes Store, Netflix or Hulu.
Sony has dropped over half of its existing TV line-up, with only nine TVs to be released this year. The line-up has been simplified from 2011’s 22 models, with the NX series discontinued and the HX and EX series consolidated into four models.
Channel Ten's fledgling video-on-demand service will make its smart TV debut in June on Sony TVs and Blu-ray players.
Sony is in talks with Taiwan-based AU Optronics to produce a next-generation OLED TV, Reuters reports.
LG has announced a new range of LED and plasma TVs for 2012, heavily pushing its Cinema 3D models as well as smart technology.
Samsung introduced its 2012 TV range last night, with a total of 44 LED and plasma televisions to be made available over the next year.
Panasonic has announced its 2012 television line-up in Australia, with 10 new plasma and 13 new LED TVs to go on sale from April.
Samsung is bringing built-in Wi-Fi to many of its upcoming consumer products, creating an 'Internet of things' within its brand.
Apple unveiled a new Apple TV model on Wednesday, with support for 1080p video and a new user interface, at a special event in San Francisco.
Shortages of the Apple TV are being reported across the country, fueling speculation that Apple will reveal a new Apple TV at its media event this week.
Group-buying deals site Catch Of The Day has an enticing deal today: a 55in Samsung Series 7 LED TV usually priced at $3799, on sale for only $1999.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BW Hana DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT