Few tech categories have managed to innovate over the past 10+ years like TVs. Perhaps there was a slight lull in 2015 but otherwise every new year brings a big advance in TV technology.
Panasonic's latest 4K UHD smart TV is the best overall TV we've tested so far. But it's not by much and it's very expensive indeed!
Good Gear Guide Editor talks to Matt Summerill on 2UE's Smart Shopper radio show
We’ve tested most of the TVs on the market recently and were keen to see how an “affordable” Home Theatre projector compared in day to day usage. Would it really be a viable TV-alternative for an Aussie home? Or does it only operate optimally in a cinema environment?
Samsung chops its 2016 TV range into affordable and expensive product lines which come with, sometimes-haphazard, price increases. At the top are the 8000 and 9000 series models.
Samsung chops its 2016 range into affordable to expensive models which come with, sometimes-haphazard, price increases. So what do you get and is it worth paying for?
The ULED Series 7 TVs come in the following sizes (all flat): 50in ($1,499), 55in ($1,999), 65in (3,499), 70in ($3,999), 75in ($4,999).
Sony’s new 4K TVs have launched and pose a threat to LG’s OLED technology with their High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology and relatively-low price.
Flat screen: 55-inches Curved screen: 65-inches
Over the past months we’ve reviewed most of the best TVs on the market. Here we summarize which you should buy next and why. All of these are 4K Ultra High Definition TVs which support High Dynamic Range (unless otherwise stated). They will last you for years. All prices listed are for the 55-inch variants for the sake of comparison and also because it represents both a “sweet spot” price point and size for what TV you should buy.
While the price of some premium 4K TVs is falling rapidly, there are some ‘less premium’ models hitting the market that are dramatically cheaper. And they’re pretty good too. TCL’s $1799, 55-inch C155US is one of them and, coming in at less-than-half of the price of the latest Sony flagship equivalent we wondered, is it really worth paying more?
Sharp has approved an offer from Hon Hai Precision Industry and related companies to acquire over 66 per cent of the company’s voting stock, making the Taiwanese contract manufacturer the new parent of the venerable Japanese firm.
Should you buy a UHD TV? What about OLED? Which ecosystem do I want to belong to? Will it work with my smart TV? Does size matter? All this and more answered in our comprehensive TV buying guide.
Retailer Dick Smith is reducing prices on select items to mark the end of financial year.
LG introduced the first UHD television in the Australian market, an 84-inch set that carried a $17,999 price-tag. Two years on and the price of UHD has nose-dived, with the 40-inch LG 40UB800T offering the rich resolution at a price south of $1000.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- Dick Smith slashes prices on tech from Apple, Samsung and more
- The year TVs got much too complicated
- Sony to launch razor-thin Android TV
- Sharp expands 4K TV range, to offer 5K TV this year
PCW Evaluation Team
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- TPSenior Software DeveloperQLD
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!VIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- CCOracle Middleware Production SupportACT
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Mortgage SolutionNSW
- CCWintel Engineers - NV1ACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperVIC
- FTServer Engineer l Windows l VMWare l Active DirectoryNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Network Specialist - IPVPN EdgeVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTICT Change AnalystSA
- FTJunior Applications SupportQLD
- FTIT Security Team LeadNSW
- FTSecurity Monitoring SpecialistVIC
- CCFull-stack Software EngineerNSW