On Friday, Samsung launched its latest LED television, the 7.98mm thick Series 9. The Samsung Series 9 supports 3D viewing, has a 200Hz refresh rate and comes with a touch-screen remote control.
TVs - Features
The mainstream availability of 3D TV sets marks a big step forward towards bringing the cinema experience into living rooms. Two of the main players in the Australian 3D TV market are Panasonic with its VT20 plasma TVs and Samsung with the Series 7 L...
If you're looking for a small, cheap LCD television at the moment you're spoiled for choice. We've recently had review units from budget brands Kogan, Tyagi and Hisense. These 22in and 24in televisions may not be the most technologically advanced mod...
After years of anticipation, the 2010 FIFA World Cup is finally set to kick off on 11 June in South Africa. This time around, the tournament is being followed by not only football fans around the world, but also by the global tech community.
With 3D TVs like Samsung's Series 7 (UA55C7000) hitting the market, we decided to take a look back at where it all began: in the 1890s, when British film pioneer William Friese-Greene filed a patent for a 3D movie process. Two films were projected si...
At the launch of LG's 2010 home entertainment range on Monday, GoodGearGuide had a chance to sit down with LG's newest televisions to try out the integrated BigPond Movies video-on-demand service.
Google's Android operating system already comes in plenty of flavors. Now, a brand new kind of Android may be on the way -- and this one could end up changing the way we think about television.
We look at Fixplay, PLUS7, iView as well as video-on-demand offerings from Channel Ten and SBS
We help you get a great deal on digital cameras, TVs and smartphones
I've read a lot of articles in the last year or so about the new 3D trend in theatrical movies and HDTV, and far too many of them have made the same mistake about the 3D movie craze of the 1950s.
We round up the best tech bargains of the week, including a Samsung smartphone that records HD video, a Sharp television that doubles as a Blu-ray player and a massive Harvey Norman sale!
With Google said to be working with Intel and Sony to develop a way to bring the best of the Internet to television, industry analysts wonder if the time for a smart TV has finally arrived.
BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone, Garmin nuvi 225W GPS, Medion Akoya E4360 D desktop PC from ALDI, and more!
With 2010 FIFA World Cup fever about to overtake the globe, there are plenty of options out there for anyone looking to upgrade to a sizeable flat-screen LCD or plasma television. We run you through a few tips for choosing a television that's suited ...
After months of buzz, 3D television has officially arrived.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD