The next television standard will deliver content on our screens in far greater detail than what is currently available. The official name for the standard is Ultra high-definition (UHD), and it ushers an age of TV in detail previously unavailable. S...
TVs - Features
Following in the fading hype of 3D display technology are new smartphones that feature curved displays. To find out if there's merit to the curvy form-factor, we handed around the first curved-screen smartphone in Australia to the people in the Good ...
Samsung's 55-inch, curved OLED TV is now available in Australia, for a surprisingly reasonable $10,999. Here's a closer look.
Foxtel Play has just launched in Australia. It's an online streaming video version of Foxtel, giving you access to a grand total of 47 live TV and movie channels and a large library of catch-up TV.
Last month, LG announced the launch of its Laser Display, a short throw DLP display that projects 100in of full HD video onto a specially designed screen. While it's very much a niche product given its $8999 price tag, we were still keen to see what ...
If you’re planning on buying a TV any time between now and June, there is one four-figure number you should be putting away in your piggy bank: $1300.
Sony’s recent announcement of the PlayStation 4 left fans feeling conflicted. One aspect that was left largely unmentioned was the PS4’s tie-in with Sony’s $25K Ultra HD BRAVIA TV.
At the start of this month, US online video giant Netflix announced a milestone: its users had streamed over a billion hours of TV shows and movies in a single month.
Two of the top TVs released this year are Sony’s BRAVIA HX850 and LG’s LM9600. Both are LED TVs with cutting-edge designs, excellent picture quality and almost identical specifications. We’re comparing the two to see which comes out on top.
The Kogan 24in Full HD LED TV retails for $219 and has good image quality for its bargain price tag. Here's a closer look at how it's built and what features it has.
We've taken a look at LG's best LED TV for 2012, the LM9600. Here's a gallery of photos of the TV from our testing.
Good Gear Guide traveled to Bangkok, Thailand to take a look at the 2012 Samsung Forum, where all the company's latest and greatest products were on display.
While Apple executives have continued to call the Apple TV a hobby, over the past couple years, the company has dedicated a fair amount of resources to it.
In 2011, 3D technology sparked the most HDTV buzz at the International CES trade show. At this year's industry gathering, however, 3D definitely took a backseat. Upcoming developments in high-definition TV are more varied and more interesting, and th...
Playing games on your PC is fantastic if you have the right hardware. Sure, playing console games on a big-screen HDTV is convenient when you have a group of friends gaming together, but games will always look better on a gaming PC with a beefy graph...
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPTechnical ManagerNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Application Developement and IntegrationQLD
- FTArcFM/Gis Lead DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - StorageVIC
- TPIT Business Analyst (UX Design)NSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- TPSystems ManagerQLD
- FTJunior Applications SupportSA
- FTProject Manager, FinanceNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTLead Change Manager- Culture & Process ChangeNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysis - FinanceQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCFrom Security Operations to Technical Business Analyst, make the move now!NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPTest AnalystNSW