In an ironic digital twist, the US federal government - the driving force behind the creation of the Internet - has not been able to fully embrace the second incarnation of the Internet, according to a study released late last month.
Improvements in processing speeds, storage space and wireless broadband will drive a new revolution in information technology, but software makers face several challenges in their efforts to keep up, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday.
Google will roll out a new version of its hosted site search service for businesses on this week, featuring improved indexing and a new name.
Online advertising will balloon in the coming years, becoming bigger than all advertising media except direct marketing by 2012, according to IDC.
Microsoft will release a second beta of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) before the end of October, said a manager in its technical support group, who also warned Web designers to start adding a new tag to their sites or risk those sites "breaking" when the...
Mozilla is aiming to create what may be the geekiest world record ever with its upcoming Firefox 3 browser release.
Google is apparently allowing third-party advertisers to track consumers using the company's ad network, a practice that raised concerns from one privacy advocate.
I've given a lot of attention to the forthcoming Firefox 3.0 lately, but let's not forget that <a href=" http://www.pcworld.com/tags/Microsoft+Corporation.html">Microsoft</a> has a new version of its own browser in the works, too. According to Nick M...
After seven years of outsourcing its Web site to Amazon.com, brick-and-mortar bookstore Borders has launched its own e-commerce site, Borders.com.
Google's Mini search appliance for small and midsize businesses has grown a new set of capabilities for crawling and categorizing documents, the company announced in a blog post Tuesday.
An aptly named "TimesMachine" from The New York Times offers up online images of historic newspapers from the 1850s through the 1920s. You can view sample papers at http://timesmachine.nytimes.com/browser, but to browse through the 70-year spread of ...
After vague statements over the last weeks about internal investments that will allow it to compete in search without Yahoo, Microsoft on Wednesday laid out more of its vision for improving on its current "underdog" position in search.
The eWAY online payment gateway service has signed an Australian-first deal with the Commonwealth Bank that it claims will revolutionise the way merchants set up and manage their Internet sales facilities.
Microsoft will launch Worldwide Telescope, a tool for exploring images of the night sky, by the end of May, free to anyone who wants to use it, Microsoft's chairman said Friday.
Google is introducing a Web site tool called Friend Connect today that promises to extend the reach of social networks such as Facebook to any site that wants to use the tool. Those sites that decide to use Friend Connect can give visitors a much ric...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 20 events that shaped the Internet, part 1
- 20 events that shaped the Internet, part 2
- Google adds new access, analysis to Web performance tool
- Google's Commerce Search adds search-as-you-type
- EBay to buy GSI Commerce for $2.4B
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia