In a discovery that would probably send the Dr. Evil character of the "Austin Powers" movies into cardiac arrest, Google recently detected more than a trillion unique URLs on the Web.
Seventy per cent of US searches in June were done on Google's search engine, according to Web measurement figures from market research company Hitwise.
During May, the last full month of the U.S. presidential primary season, traffic going to Sen. Barack Obama's campaign Web site outpaced visits to Sen. John McCain's official site by a 4:1 margin, according to data released Monday by market research ...
Microsoft Wednesday outlined new security features it will add to Internet Explorer (IE) next month, including anti-malware protection to match tools similar to those offer by its rivals and a filter the company said would block most cross-site scrip...
Google is rolling out two new offerings that let advertisers more precisely target people who will likely be receptive to their products.
Google has quietly begun limited testing of several new social features created for its iGoogle personalized start page. The updates include chat, activity streaming and a new interface for the gadgets offered on the start page.
As expected ICANN, the nonprofit group that manages the Internet domain name system, unanimously voted to begin the process of relaxing the rules for generic top-level domain names (gTLDs).
Google, Yahoo and Baidu have found themselves atop Asia's search rankings, with Korean Internet users looking for information most often, a comScore survey released Tuesday said.
Marketers worldwide will increase their spending in online ads at a 15 percent to 20 percent clip in the coming years, a growth rate that is "phenomenal," IDC said Wednesday.
EBay has unveiled expanded protections for those buyers and sellers in its marketplace who complete transactions using the company's PayPal online payment service.
As promised, Mozilla Tuesday launched Firefox 3.0, a major update to the open-source browser that adds a new search tool, anti-hacking protection and revamped bookmarking.
IBM is shipping upgrades this month to its Web 2.0-based social networking tools for business, adding capabilities in enhanced profiling, data display and collaboration.
The challenge of the Web is to build a system that enables people to creatively solve problems that they couldn't solve on their own, said Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web and director of the World Wide Web Consortium.
Online shoppers struggled to enter Amazon.com's main e-commerce site on Monday, after it had experienced similar problems on Friday.
Google will develop a new technology facility at NASA's Ames Research Center in Mountain View, Calif, the parties announced.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 20 events that shaped the Internet, part 1
- 20 events that shaped the Internet, part 2
- Google adds new access, analysis to Web performance tool
- Google's Commerce Search adds search-as-you-type
- EBay to buy GSI Commerce for $2.4B
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW