We take the Internet for granted now, but a lot of developments helped to make it the gargantuan shopping, socializing, commerce-helping, video-sharing behemoth it is today.
Today we all use our smartphones and our broadband-equipped home and work PCs to instantly access information and data on just about any topic via the Internet.
Google is upgrading on Thursday its tool for analyzing Web page performance, making it available directly via the Web and offering smartphone page analysis.
Google's cloud-hosted search application for e-commerce sites has been upgraded with on-the-fly results that drop down from the query box as shoppers type their search terms, the company announced on Tuesday.
EBay has agreed to acquire for about $US2.4 billion GSI Commerce, whose suite of e-commerce and digital marketing tools and services are expected to boost eBay's online marketplace and PayPal e-payment businesses.
Du Xiang Yu, a 20-year-old living in Beijing, has never heard of Facebook. He adds that he never visits any foreign websites, even though he uses the Internet everyday.
LinkedIn hit a major milestone this week when its membership rolls passed the hundred million mark.
The first three weeks of Google's Getting Aussie Business Online initiative, in partnership with accounting software company MYOB, have seen 4100 businesses take up the offer of a year's free Web site services. Businesses get two years' free .com.au ...
Yahoo has anticipated a new European Union directive by introducing a feature designed to ensure Web users' privacy through the use of an opt-out button for cookies.
Facebook plans to buy Snaptu, a four-year-old startup that develops versions of Web-based applications for cheaper mobile phones.
Opera Software has embedded into its Web browser a beta set of tools, collectively called Dragonfly, that can help developers find errors in their complex Web pages, the company announced Monday.
Software development company MasterObjects sued Amazon and Google this week, charging the companies with infringing on a patent for technology that presents possible complete search terms as users type in a search bar.
Last night the two millionth .au domain name was registered. According to domain wholesaler AusRegistry, .au is one of the top 10 most popular country domain suffixes in the world.
Developers and publishers who have adopted Twitter's Tweet Button say the tool is beneficial in letting their site readers and application users conveniently share links on Twitter, but that some features can be improved, including its analytics data...
A U.S. Department of Justice spokeswoman would not comment Friday on reports that the agency is investigating patent management firm MPEG LA for allegedly trying to suppress an open-source video compression format supported by Google.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 20 events that shaped the Internet, part 1
- 20 events that shaped the Internet, part 2
- Google adds new access, analysis to Web performance tool
- Google's Commerce Search adds search-as-you-type
- EBay to buy GSI Commerce for $2.4B
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCProject Engineer -VIC