One thing you should know about me: I'm no fan of Windows Vista. Some things about it just annoy me to death, like the unnecessary overhaul of certain interface elements. That said, Vista has a few features I positively love, starting with connection...
The Business Centre - Tutorials
There's nothing to calculating how many watts your PC will need to operate properly. You total up the power needs of your processor, your motherboard, your video and sound cards, and everything else that goes inside your computer, round up to the cap...
Make your programs behave themselves.
Have you ever needed to combine more than one Word document into a single file?
I just spent a considerable amount of time troubleshooting a network glitch between two PCs on my network.
If a program can output a delimited text file (I'll get to what that means in a minute), Excel can turn it into a reasonable table.
Microsoft's newly released Internet Explorer 8 beta 2 is generating plenty of buzz around the Web, but there are a few things you should know before you decide to install it. The update, released late Wednesday, comes with some caveats.
Chat is cheap. Videoconferencing, on the other hand, gives your online conversations a more personal feeling. For telecommuting, keeping in touch with clientele, calling home from a business trip, or just checking in with out-of-state relatives, you'...
In the world of comic books, every bad guy is an evil genius. On the Web, hackers, spammers, and phishers may be evil, but they're not required to be geniuses. They can make a healthy living just by exploiting known security holes that many users hav...
You start your workday by booting up your Windows PC. You end the day by shutting it down again. No fuss. No muss. No bother.
Want better performance from your laptop? The conventional wisdom has long held that you should simply buy a new one. You can put such conventional wisdom aside: Upgrading a laptop may not be for the timid or the impatient, but if you're handy with a...
Your new PC came with Vista. Maybe your office deployed Vista. Or, perhaps, you got caught up in the early hype and bought Vista. Whatever the case, now you're stuck with it. Wish you could turn back the clock and restore your beloved Windows XP? Unl...
Utility packages can be used for a variety of system-maintenance tasks. They speed up your PC by cleaning out the rubbish that hogs memory and disk space, and improve efficiency by tidying the Registry, thus reducing the time that your system spends ...
There are many aspects to web security. You can hardly move for apps that automate online protection and safeguard your identity, for instance. But one area that gets less attention is IP-address tracing.
I confess: I use Vista. Every day. It's the only operating system on my main computer. Vista and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the look, the built-in search tool, and the little-known 'Copy as Path' command. But Vista comes with its own spe...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 10 smartphone trends to watch in 2017
- Apple takes more than 100 percent of smartphone profits after Samsung's Galaxy recall
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
- Google News battles era of spin with fact check label
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- CCProcess Analysts, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA