One thing you should know about me: I'm no fan of Windows Vista. Some things about it just annoy me to death, like the unnecessary overhaul of certain interface elements. That said, Vista has a few features I positively love, starting with connection...
The Business Centre
There's nothing to calculating how many watts your PC will need to operate properly. You total up the power needs of your processor, your motherboard, your video and sound cards, and everything else that goes inside your computer, round up to the cap...
Make your programs behave themselves.
Have you ever needed to combine more than one Word document into a single file?
I just spent a considerable amount of time troubleshooting a network glitch between two PCs on my network.
If a program can output a delimited text file (I'll get to what that means in a minute), Excel can turn it into a reasonable table.
Microsoft's newly released Internet Explorer 8 beta 2 is generating plenty of buzz around the Web, but there are a few things you should know before you decide to install it. The update, released late Wednesday, comes with some caveats.
Chat is cheap. Videoconferencing, on the other hand, gives your online conversations a more personal feeling. For telecommuting, keeping in touch with clientele, calling home from a business trip, or just checking in with out-of-state relatives, you'...
In the world of comic books, every bad guy is an evil genius. On the Web, hackers, spammers, and phishers may be evil, but they're not required to be geniuses. They can make a healthy living just by exploiting known security holes that many users hav...
You start your workday by booting up your Windows PC. You end the day by shutting it down again. No fuss. No muss. No bother.
Want better performance from your laptop? The conventional wisdom has long held that you should simply buy a new one. You can put such conventional wisdom aside: Upgrading a laptop may not be for the timid or the impatient, but if you're handy with a...
Your new PC came with Vista. Maybe your office deployed Vista. Or, perhaps, you got caught up in the early hype and bought Vista. Whatever the case, now you're stuck with it. Wish you could turn back the clock and restore your beloved Windows XP? Unl...
Utility packages can be used for a variety of system-maintenance tasks. They speed up your PC by cleaning out the rubbish that hogs memory and disk space, and improve efficiency by tidying the Registry, thus reducing the time that your system spends ...
There are many aspects to web security. You can hardly move for apps that automate online protection and safeguard your identity, for instance. But one area that gets less attention is IP-address tracing.
I confess: I use Vista. Every day. It's the only operating system on my main computer. Vista and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the look, the built-in search tool, and the little-known 'Copy as Path' command. But Vista comes with its own spe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft and IBM in a deal to push Surface devices to enterprises
- iPhones are about to get plugged into enterprises with Cisco's help
- Is VR ready for business use? Six industries getting to grips with virtual reality
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia