SanDisk Tuesday announced that it will begin mass production of the first high-performance X3 and X4 flash memory, using 32- and 43-nanometer lithography process technology, respectively. The denser flash technology will enable up to 64Gbit of memory...
Storage & Servers
A New York computer forensics firm found that 40 percent of the hard disk drives it recently purchased in bulk orders from eBay contained personal, private and sensitive information -- everything from corporate financial data to the Web-surfing histo...
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Intel confirmed that the upcoming eight-core, 2.3 billion transistor processor it plans to detail next week is the Nehalem EX chip, but the company declined to offer details of the chip ahead of the International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSC...
Intel on Tuesday said it has delayed the release of the quad-core Tukwila chip, its next-generation 64-bit Itanium processor designed for use in enterprise servers.
Seagate Technology Monday launched its first 2TB enterprise-class disk drive as part of a new family of near-line SAS and SATA drives.
Yahoo's Briefcase online storage service, which soldiered on for almost 10 years with a distinctly Web 1.0 capacity of 30MB, is finally being shut down.
Sandisk on Thursday armed itself with financial flexibility, announcing a deal to restructure its chip-manufacturing joint venture with Toshiba.
Interesting times among hard disk manufacturers. Western Digital continues to solidify its role as a leader in the drive industry. Though the company is not normally known for being at the forefront of capacity jumps, today it became the first manufa...
Seagate has now released new firmware for all models of hard drives affected by a software flaw, the company said Thursday.
Seagate will issue fixes soon for faulty firmware that is causing several models of the company's hard drives to freeze, it said Wednesday.
Scientists have more data at their disposal than ever before -- often more than they can properly examine. But a new algorithm should make it easier for them to visualize huge data sets. And cheaper, too; software based on the algorithm can run on pe...
The feature to quickly recover data in PCs and Windows is under attack. Data recovery firm Xpoint earlier this week sued IT giants including Intel, Dell, Hewlett-Packard and Microsoft for infringing on patents to quickly restore data in the event of ...
A Harvard researcher said on Tuesday that a British newspaper misquoted his research covering the carbon footprint caused by running Web sites.
Wikipedia is gearing up for an explosion in digital content with new servers and storage designed to handle larger photo and video uploads.
Lost in the Windows 7 hype, Microsoft also released the beta of Windows Server 2008 R2, which is the companion to the client OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's alternative PHP engine attracts Web service providers
- Intel planning thumb-sized PCs for next year
- Uber, facing public backlash, will rethink privacy
- As Moore's Law approaches 50, Intel battling to keep up
- AT&T to pay $23.8 million to settle California dumping complaint
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW