With industry giants IBM and Sun Microsystems reportedly in merger talks, techies the world over rushed to their keyboards and mobile devices to Twitter about the possibilities.
Storage & Servers
Global technology giant IBM is in talks to buy Sun Microsystems in a deal that would expand its server market share, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.
IBM is in talks to buy Sun Microsystems for as much as US$6.5 billion, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard on Monday launched a new line of Integrity NonStop servers that the company says offers improved performance over its other entry-level servers that require high uptime.
Fusion-io Friday announced what it is calling the fastest server-based solid state drive on the market today, with double the slot capacity if its older PCI Express-based ioDrive.
EMC expects demand for its Mozy online backup service to continue growing, despite the challenging business environment and weak consumer demand, the company's top executive said.
Sun has laid out more of its plans for using solid-state drives in its servers, which it says will help customers to reduce energy costs and improve application performance in the data center.
If the world doesn't yet need the performance of the forthcoming SATA 6Gb/s standard, it soon will, drive giant Seagate will set out to prove in a first ever public demo for the technology this week.
IDC's quarterly data storage sales report shows that quarterly revenue for worldwide storage systems was down 5.9% in the last quarter of 2008 compared to a year earlier. But the capacity shipped increased by 27.3% year-over-year to a total of 2.46 p...
Microsoft is readying a new low-cost version of Windows Server to give customers a server OS similar to client OSes that run on low-cost PCs.
If you've ever been frustrated with trying to determine who is speaking when listening to a conference call, help may be at hand.
Nanotechnology researchers say they have achieved a breakthrough that could fit the contents of 250 DVDs on a coin-sized surface and might also have implications for displays and solar cells.
Seagate Technology Thursday said it has dropped its lawsuit and all claims alleging STEC misappropriated its hard disk drive (HDD) technology as it related to the development of solid state disk (SSD) drives.
Toshiba and Fujitsu have signed a provisional agreement under which Toshiba will acquire Fujitsu's loss-making hard-disk drive business.
Symantec will begin offering an online storage service targeted at consumers by the end of next month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple announces hybrid drive technology in Macs
- WD launches new portable hard drives for Windows PCs, Macs
- Chip maker Adapteva aims to speed up smartphones
- Intel eyes post-Thunderbolt interconnect for 2015
- What your business can learn from Amazon Cloud outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT