Advanced Micro Devices Inc. last week said it will release a six-core Opteron processor in June, five months ahead of schedule. And it detailed plans to add chips supporting up to 12 cores next year and 16 in 2011.
Storage & Servers
Chinese manufacturers hope to sell hundreds of thousands of optical disc players for a locally developed next-generation disc format this year, a spokesman for an industry group promoting the format said Friday.
Advanced Micro Devices is designing a server chip with up to 16 cores, quadrupling the count of its current quad-core server chips, the company said Wednesday.
Seagate Corp. Tuesday announced a new family of lower-power 3.5-in desktop hard-disk drives the company said have the highest performance and best power efficiency in their class.
Oracle may end up merging the best of OpenSolaris with Linux once it takes control of Sun Microsystems, but it is unlikely to kill off Sun's widely used Solaris OS, analysts said.
Chinese online game firm NetEase.com will buy all-new servers to start operating World of Warcraft in China this year, potentially leaving masses of unused computing clusters in the hands of the current Chinese operator.
Intel Corp. has released a firmware upgrade for its consumer solid-state disk drive, the X25-M, which suffers from fragmentation issues resulting in performance degradation over time.
Commercial solid state drives (SSDs) have finally started reaching the capacities found in the hard disk world, with the release of a new 512GB drive from US storage startup Super Talent.
Microsoft Corp. Wednesday announced the 10th member of its Windows Server 2008 family with a new version of the server operating system aimed at companies with fewer than 15 employees.
Corsair Memory Inc. Tuesday introduced a USB flash drive adapter that it said creates a push-button file backup for computers when any flash drive is plugged into it.
Fujitsu is aiming to almost double sales of servers in the next two years as it absorbs Fujitsu Siemens Computers and reorganizes many aspects of its servers business into a single, global organization.
Western Digital Corp. Monday announced that it has completed a $65 million cash acquisition of SiliconSystems, Inc., a small, Aliso Viejo, Calif.-based maker of solid-state drives.
Dell is set to update on Wednesday the virtualized storage line it acquired in its purchase of EqualLogic last year, now aiming at the needs of larger enterprises.
NAND flash memory vendors responded to the slowing economy and weak consumer confidence by phasing out production of 200mm wafer manufacturing and cutting overall flash memory production to an industry-wide average of 70% in the first quarter of this...
Dell plans to announce in the next few days new servers and services offerings, the company's chief executive said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple announces hybrid drive technology in Macs
- WD launches new portable hard drives for Windows PCs, Macs
- Chip maker Adapteva aims to speed up smartphones
- Intel eyes post-Thunderbolt interconnect for 2015
- What your business can learn from Amazon Cloud outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA