The software that helped IBM's Watson computer reign victorious on the Jeopardy game show in February could also help the financial industry assess risk more effectively, a pair of IBM executives stated on Monday at a high-performance computing confe...
Storage & Servers - News
Oracle 11g Express Edition (XE), the free-of-charge version of Oracle's flagship database, is now in beta.
Standards organization IEEE has decided to get involved in cloud computing, starting with two development projects related to cloud interoperability, it said on Monday.
The Python SDK (Software Development Kit) for Google's cloud platform App Engine has a new search feature that can be used to build notification, monitoring, or filtering services, Google said in a blog post on Wednesday.
Edging ever closer to enterprise software maturity, the Hive data warehouse software has been updated with new capabilities considered essential for production use, such as indexing, concurrency and advances in authentication management.
Lawson Software customers still don't know the fate of the company following Infor's roughly US$1.8 billion acquisition offer earlier this month, with just days to go before Lawson's annual CUE conference in Boston.
Oracle's announcement last week that it will stop developing software for Intel's Itanium processor has database startup EnterpriseDB looking to capitalize.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers can now run their cloud applications on hardware dedicated to them, the company said on Monday.
Kingston today announced it has started shipping 4GB and 8GB Class 10 microSDHC cards, offering a minimum sustained write rate of 10 megabytes per second. The company also sells a 16GB Class 10 microSDHC card.
During the past three to five years, when most companies began rolling out virtual servers in earnest as replacements for physical servers, acceptance has grown so quickly among both end users and IT staffs that more than half of all companies now de...
Storage products from Dell's Compellent unit will integrate technologies from Dell's earlier acquisitions to better enable these products to target large enterprise customers, an executive of the unit said.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) is expected to release a major update to its BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) for Microsoft Exchange and IBM Lotus Domino this week that will add a variety of valuable new smartphone- and mobile-device mana...
Dell on Tuesday is set to announce low-power PowerEdge servers that can quickly band together to execute transactions more efficiently than traditional servers, which use faster, but more power-hungry chips.
Oracle explicitly said that it planned to sell products directly to its largest accounts after it acquired Sun Microsystems last year. But reseller Innovative Technology Distributors is claiming Oracle set about doing so in a way that "destroyed" ITD...
Research in Motion (RIM) officially announced plans for a free cloud-based BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) for customers using Microsoft's Office 365. The free BES from the cloud -- hosted by RIM -- will enable IT admins to monitor and maintain Bl...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Apple announces hybrid drive technology in Macs
- WD launches new portable hard drives for Windows PCs, Macs
- Chip maker Adapteva aims to speed up smartphones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- PTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCService Desk OfficerSA