Those whose names begin with common letter such as A, S, and M are more likely to receive spam that those who start with uncommon ones such as Z and Q, according to research.
Malware has managed to get off the planet and onto the International Space Station, NASA confirmed yesterday. And it's not the first time that a worm or virus has stowed away on a trip into orbit.
Hackers are claiming they have kidnapped children in a bid to infect PCs with a Trojan Horse virus, says Sophos.
The debate over the self-signed certificate issue in Firefox 3.0 has fostered an add-on from Carnegie Mellon researchers and it seems a prevailing tide that Mozilla is headed down the right path.
Attackers can exploit bugs in Novell's iPrint application to obtain corporate information or hijack computers, security experts said today.
Carnegie-Mellon University Monday announced it's making available a free add-on to Mozilla Firefox 3.0 that's intended to boost browser security.
Microsoft on Monday described some new privacy features that will come with IE8, the next release of its browser. The features are designed to make it easier for people to delete and control information about their Web browsing history.
Microsoft re-released one of its Aug. 11 security updates late last week, explaining that it had posted an incomplete version to its own download center the week before.
Nokia confirmed Thursday its widely used Series 40 operating system has security vulnerabilities that could allow stealth installation and activation of applications.
Symantec has announced it has signed an agreement to acquire Australian security vendor PC Tools. The privately held PC Tools, which is headquartered in Sydney, has risen to global prominence since hitting the world stage in 2003 with its security an...
A US federal judge in Boston Thursday refused to lift a temporary restraining order preventing three MIT students from publicly discussing details of several security vulnerabilities that they found in the electronic ticketing system used by the city...
Presumptive Republican presidential candidate John McCain, sometimes criticized for admitting to not using the Internet much, flexed his technology credentials while outlining his opinions about online security and privacy on Thursday.
Without getting into the argument of who is right in a five-sided conflict (South Ossetia, Georgia, Russia, Abkhazia, and the various external groups and individuals who are motivated enough to be involved), interesting conclusions can be drawn from ...
The former prosecutor of the Gary McKinnon hacking case said there's no reason to believe the European Court of Human Rights will ultimately block the alleged hacker's extradition to the United States.
Hackers trying to plant malware on PCs have switched from touting CNN news in come-on messages to pushing breaking stories said to be from rival network MSNBC, security experts said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple warned of phishing attack threat to iPhone, iPad and Mac OS developers
- Cellcrypt releases voice encryption app for Android
- Sony hit again with two hacks
- No Rapture: the end has been delayed but watch out for apocalypse attacks
- Adobe Flash update puts users in charge of privacy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW