Count the World Bank Group among the high-profile organizations suffering major data breaches - maybe.
Security Centre - News
Security software suites are doing a poor job of detecting when a PC's software is under attack, according to Danish vendor Secunia.
Scammers are sending out phoney e-mails that claim to include critical Windows security alerts, Microsoft warned Monday.
Microsoft will debut vulnerability predictions today when it issues 11 security updates for Windows, Office and Internet Explorer.
A number of servers at the World Bank Group were repeatedly breached for more than a year by different intruders but it is not clear how much data might have been compromised in the attacks, Fox News reported Friday.
The Internet attack took Yahoo engineers by surprise. It came so fast and with such intensity that Yahoo, then the Web's second most-popular destination, was knocked offline for about three hours.
Apple patched 40 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X last week -- more than half of them labeled with the company's equivalent of "critical" -- and in the process broke the 250-bug bar for the year.
Microsoft has acknowledged that exploit code is circulating for a vulnerability it acknowledged six months ago, but has yet to patch.
Next week will be a busy one for system administrators as Microsoft is planning to ship 11 security updates -- four of them rated critical -- for its products.
A popular free security tool for the Firefox browser has been upgraded to block one of the most dangerous and troubling security problems facing the Web today.
The security researchers who two weeks ago warned of new "clickjacking" vulnerabilities in browsers, Web sites and popular plug-ins, revealed a dozen variants of the bug Tuesday.
Dell is putting together hardware and software for backup and recovery in one system, with integrated software, for small and medium-size businesses.
Symantec has developed a new online service to protect children from Internet dangers.
Users should be on guard for spam touting the guilty verdict of former professional football star O.J. Simpson, a security company warned.
Cybersecurity efforts in the US government and many businesses are improving, but many individual computer users still don't take basic precautions against cyberattacks, cybersecurity experts said Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Apple warned of phishing attack threat to iPhone, iPad and Mac OS developers
- Cellcrypt releases voice encryption app for Android
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project AdministratorNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerVIC
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC