Electronics giant Samsung has been slapped with a lawsuit alleging that it "rigs" its printers to tell users falsely that they need to replace their ink cartridge even if there is plenty of toner left.
Attackers can exploit bugs in Novell's iPrint application to obtain corporate information or hijack computers, security experts said today.
Adobe has updated its stable of design software, including releasing version 9 of is PDF creation tool Acrobat, and has introduced an online collaboration portal, Acrobat.com.
Hewlett-Packard has set ambitious goals to improve the energy efficiency of its printers and use more recycled materials in their manufacture -- and it intends to draw buyers' attention to the features with a new Eco Highlights labeling plan.
In the not-too-distant future, people could use computer printers to make simple medicines as part of a do-it-yourself model of health care, a top Microsoft executive said Friday.
The long-awaited, Web-based and free version of Adobe Photoshop is now available as a beta, Adobe announced this week.
Hewlett-Packard Monday offered a peek into future printing technologies, introducing a new inkjet printer that prints thousands of pages per minute and ink that retains its shine even when exposed to extreme elements.
As printer prices decline, consumers will continue to pay for supplies like cartridges and services like digital photo prints, which will ultimately generate larger revenues than units shipped, a Hewlett-Packard executive said on Monday.
German enterprise printing specialist ThinPrint is touting the green and security benefits of its new "follow-me" printing system.
Aaron Weaver has made a discovery the world could probably do without: He's found a way to spam your printer from the Web.
A former Xerox customer service agent on Tuesday pleaded guilty to mail fraud for stealing and selling cartridges stolen from his former employer online.
Hewlett-Packard is boosting its effort to effectively recycle used inkjet printer cartridges, Wednesday introducing a new process that manufactures new cartridges from recycled cartridges that are separated and rebuilt from scratch.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Why you can't print counterfeit money on a color laser printer
- HP pushes cloud printing with Google
- Future Xerox printer uses new ink, heats paper
- New Canon PIXMA printers aimed at home offices and small businesses
- Canon launches 'Back to School, Back to Work' PIXMA printer promotion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW