PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
The road to higher-than-high-def television has taken another step forward with the development of a projector by JVC that is less than half the size and a quarter the weight of previous devices.
There is certainly no lack of tools -- ones that are good and free -- to help you create PDF documents. But what if you have a job where you need to make new PDFs and your sources are already-created PDF documents? Or if you need to update your company's finished PDFs? The choice of applications that actually allow you to change a PDF after it was created is more limited.
Have you ever participated in an online meeting or video conference where you've logged in at the correct time -- or ten minutes early as directed by the meeting invite -- and then sat through thirty minutes or more of frustration and troubleshooting as the meeting leader tries to get everyone connected and get the presentation working right? Adobe introduces a variety of new features and capabilities in Adobe Connect 8 designed to make the entire online meeting process smoother and more intuitive.
Yes, people who think that it's okay to put 100 graphs on one slide do exist. Learn from these top 10 tips how not to make PowerPoint slides for your next big meeting.
Adobe Acrobat is a multitalented business application. You can use it to lock down electronic documents, create press-ready color pages, or produce form-laden documents that feed data to a database. But judging from the beta I tried of Adobe Acrobat X Pro ($449 when released in fourth quarter 2010), the latest iteration will be much more Web-aware, and it will be able to bring new life to formerly staid, static electronic documents.
HP's Notebook Projection Companion is tiny and just a little bit awesome. This pico projector is easy to carry around in your notebook bag, and it even comes with a little tripod.
Adobe Systems Inc. today announced that it will harden the next version of its popular Reader PDF viewer, a frequent target of attacks, by adding "sandboxing" technology to the software.
The Uniden ULP1000 is a pico projector that uses laser technology to create an image that''s sharp and colourful. In the right lighting conditions -- when the room is dark or dim -- the ULP1000 is great for presentations and impromptu slideshows or movies. It's definitely portable, making it useful for travellers who need big-screen projection. It struggles in brighter lighting, but this is a common fault with current pico projectors.
Google has started using its next generation plug-in API to embed support for Adobe Acrobat PDFs more deeply into the Chrome browser. The company believes this will benefit security, performance and reliability.
Existing Camtasia users will know that creating and editing projects is absurdly simple. Improvements in TechSmith Camtasia Studio 7 include a revamped and improved user interface. This is now a Windows 7-like shiny number, with a tabbed horizontal taskbar that offers easy access to all of Camtasia's many editing features.
CES may have "consumer" right in its name, but this year's show featured plenty of hot new products aimed squarely at small and midsized businesses.
The Acer K10 is an LED-based portable projector. With 100 ANSI lumens and a 1000:1 contrast ratio, it has the specifications to get by in dim lighting, but in daylight it will struggle.
Ever since Adobe's PDF format became an open standard for print and other types of file exchange, the market for budget PDF software has started to become a little crowded, so a new package must offer something a little different.
Taiwan's biggest LCD monitor maker on Saturday agreed to buy the island's second largest LCD screen maker in a bid to compete with South Korea's market leading giants.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Japan's JVC shrinks super high-def projector
- Acrobat and its alternatives: 4 ways to edit PDFs
- Adobe Connect 8 streamlines online conferencing
- Adobe Acrobat X Pro gets a face-lift and improves features
- Adobe to beef up PDF security with Reader sandboxing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer | WebNSW
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- PTProject ManagersACT
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- CCDigital Content StrategistVIC
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistSA
- CCService Desk AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW