The legal war over Skype has ended.
Phones & VOIP
Cybercriminals have found a new launching pad for their scams: the phone systems of small and medium-sized businesses across the U.S.
If you're thinking about using Skype for Business as a way to save money you might want to put it off until the courts settle lawsuits that swirl around plans to sell the company.
AT&T raised the stakes last week in its recent dust-up with Google over an online voice service, accusing its rival of blocking phone calls to nuns.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will launch an inquiry into Google Voice, the Web-based voice service, after complaints that the tech giant is blocking some calls.
Ceatec, showcased many new technologies and prototype gadgets. We take you through our favourite tech products.
Ever since its launch this summer, Google Voice has presented carriers with some potentially thorny issues.
With a similar legal battle playing out in the U.K., a company owned by Skype's founders has filed suit against Skype in the U.S.
Skype is shutting down Extras, the most important part of its program for outside developers, saying that demand for these third-party plug-ins has been weak.
Take a deep breath: Skype isn't working so great on the iPhone right now. But a fix should be available by Wednesday evening in Apple's App Store.
EBay Tuesday announced it has signed an agreement to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors in a deal that values the business at US$2.75 billion.
The future looked bright in September 2005 when eBay announced it was buying Internet telephony company Skype Technologies for $2.6 billion. But after four years of unfulfilled expectations, the marriage between the online auction giant and the upst...
EBay has reached an agreement to sell a 65 percent stake in its Skype Internet telephony, video conferencing and instant messaging unit for $1.9 billion in cash to an investor group led by Silver Lake.
EBay plans to announce a deal to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors, The New York Times reported on its Web site, citing people briefed on the company's plans.
Those of us who have watched VOIP for a while now always keep an eye out for cases where traditional voice carriers act defensively to keep people from using VOIP.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Ballmer: Microsoft won't tie Skype to Windows
- Another iPad 2 problem: Glitchy Facetime
- GNU Free Call: An open source Skype alternative
- Skype looks to developing markets for growth
- Skype still operating in China despite reports of ban
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA