Cisco Systems may be planning to give its consumer TelePresence system the friendly sounding name "UMI," according to a trademark application made last year.
Phones & VOIP
Apple has banned a developer from its App Store after fraudulent purchases of his applications were made from around 400 accounts, it said in a statement.
Skype launched a new software developer kit on Wednesday to help electronics makers embed Skype into any new device they're working on.
A visual history of the science and sci-fi of phone calls you can see. (And, no, it didn't start with The Jetsons.)
Google's recent purchase of codec innovator Global IP Solutions (GIPS) has observers in a froth over a possible showdown between Google Voice service and Skype, the most popular and largely free VoIP service that includes video and conferencing. But ...
Videoconferencing company Vidyo has extended its SDK to the Android and Moblin mobile software platforms so users of smartphones and tablets can virtually meet with colleagues who are using PCs and full-room conference systems.
Nokia and Microsoft on Wednesday announced the availability of Microsoft Communicator Mobile for Nokia, a unified communications client for Nokia's Eseries smartphones. The software is the first result of the partnership they announced in August last...
The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has announced that he will extend the registration period on the Do Not Call Register from three years to five years.
Skype this week will start offering plans to let users call international wireline and wireless phones at significantly lower rates than its current pay-as-you-go services.
Following yesterday's announcements of the BlackBerry Bold 9650 and the BlackBerry Pearl 3G, RIM CEO Mike Lazaridis gave WES 2010 attendees a quick preview of BlackBerry 6 operating system. With cleaner graphics, a Webkit browser and some new navigat...
Local VoIP provider Engin has introduced three new bundle plans. Dubbed VoIP Ignition, the plans are available for $69, $89 and $109 per month and include broadband access with a data quota that can be used without on- and off-peak periods.
So you're holding off on the iPad for the 3G version that arrives in a month, dreaming of placing VoIP calls from anywhere as an alternative to your phone. Just don't expect to do so with Skype, yet.
Broadband telephony company engin is offering hosted VoIP phone systems for small to medium businesses throughout Australia in a partnership with Harris Technology.
Open-source collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has integrated VoIP (voice over Internet Protocol) and social networking sites in the latest version of its e-mail server and client.
2010 is shaping up to be a good year for Skype. A few weeks back, spokesperson Peter Parkes confirmed the company's VoIP iPhone App would soon be able to access AT&T's 3G network. Now it appears Skype could be making its way to Verizon's network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Ballmer: Microsoft won't tie Skype to Windows
- Another iPad 2 problem: Glitchy Facetime
- GNU Free Call: An open source Skype alternative
- Skype looks to developing markets for growth
- Skype still operating in China despite reports of ban
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW