Windows 10 Insiders on build 14926 on both a PC and a Windows 10 Mobile device can now send and receive texts from a single app.
Phones & VOIP - News
Microsoft will integrate Skype's calling features into many of its key products, including Office, the Xbox and its Windows Phone software, but it will it will also continue to offer Skype for competing platforms, CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday.
Some iPad 2 users who expected a flawless product are instead finding a handful of problems with their shiny new tablets. The latest is a freezing issue with Facetime that can only be fixed by rebooting the iPad 2.
There's no denying that Skype is by far the most ubiquitous VoIP service today, but a new project launched this week aims to create an open source alternative.
Skype is looking toward developing markets for its mobile business as the popular voice-over-Internet Protocol service seeks to grow its presence in places where smartphone use is less common.
Skype and other Internet phone services continue to operate in China days after media reports said the country's government was cracking down on them.
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (ASX: VHA) has apologised to customers for recent problems with its 3G network upgrade.
Microsoft today said makers of phones running its new Windows mobile operating system had sold 1.5 million handsets since the October launch of Windows Phone 7 (WP7).
Communications minister, Stephen Conroy, has proposed the terms of reference for a wide-ranging review of Australia's telecom and media regulation.
Blair Levin was the lead author of the US Government's version of the NBN, the National Broadband Plan, which has faced similar controversies and challenges. He talks to ARN about how wireless broadband is the future and why the Australian method may...
With the launch of Skype 5.0 this week, the PC-based voice over IP (VoIP) and messaging service is now integrated with the Facebook social network. While neither Skype, nor Facebook are typically considered business platforms, the combination of the ...
Skype may finally be available to all Android users after months of Verizon-only exclusivity, but so is FringOut, an alternative contender that offers many features Skype doesn't.
Telstra has promised a bug fix this Thursday to customers upset with the patchy performance of its T-Hub next-generation fixed telephone system.
The latest beta version of Skype offers the ability to do group video calls with up to 10 people.
Skype is worried about whether the iPhone and other Apple products will undermine its VoIP services and is also insecure about whether it can achieve service levels good enough to lure business customers, according to the company's filing with the U....
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- Ballmer: Microsoft won't tie Skype to Windows
- Another iPad 2 problem: Glitchy Facetime
- GNU Free Call: An open source Skype alternative
- Skype looks to developing markets for growth
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCSenior Siebel AnalystACT
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW