As 2015 draws to a close, it's a good time to look back at what Apple did this past year with an eye on what that means for 2016.
The Business Centre
If your company or organisation is not currently considering migrating its email systems onto a cloud computing platform, you're in danger of being left behind. That's the conclusion I have reached after six months of closely following the Australian...
It appears that yet another Apple iPhone prototype has gone on a walkabout -- and this time not merely to a beer garden in Redwood City, but all the way to the South Pacific.
BlackBerry is rolling out the Bold 9700 which will be available from T-Mobile and AT&T. For T-Mobile and AT&T customers who are Blackberry devotees, this is great news. For the rest of the smartphone market it is more or less not news-- at least not ...
The following is a reader-written article from David Pinkus, a former high-level Google employee who is now senior vice president of information technology for Universal Technical Institute.
Google's decision to build a PC operating system could be a master stroke or a colossal blunder, depending on whether the company has the resources that such an ambitious and long-term undertaking will require.
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) has gone from a curiosity to the mainstream in just a few years as businesses turn to the technology to take advantage of the inherent economies of scale. Yet that's only the beginning.
Does Steve Jobs love his customers? We're about to find out. AT&T wants to extend its monopoly on U.S. iPhone sales for another year, to 2011. Will Apple go for it, or will Jobs and company make iPhones more widely available?
Cell phone users are learning that their devices aren't immune to bugs, glitches, and poor construction. The Blackberry Storm, released on November 21, 2008, has been particularly affected by these faults, as Research in Motion (RIM) rushed its devi...
Yahoo's fourth-quarter earnings will be announced on a conference call Tuesday, and it'll most likely be ugly. New CEO Carol Bartz, who two weeks ago began by demanding that everyone give the company "some friggin' breathing room," won't get any brea...
Microsoft cuts 5,000 jobs. That's the big news of the week. Not just because the layoffs will cut one in 20 of Microsoft's 91,000 employees. Not only because it signals just how hard Microsoft has been hurt by the failure of Vista and by shifts in th...
It's not just the banks and automobile industry that need to tighten strings; geeks can do their own bit to ensure they stay afloat in troubled waters.
Much like the political advertisements that have finally stopped invading our homes, the constant argument over whether Vista is good or bad is over. Is that because a final determination has been reached? Hardly. It’s because the Microsoft lovers ha...
Subnotebooks like the Asus Eee PC, the Dell Mini 9 and the HP 2133 Mini-note will soon cost as little as US$99. The catch? You'll need to commit to a two-year mobile broadband contract. The low cost will come courtesy of a subsidy identical to the on...
Here's a statistical downer: there will be around 40 trillion inbox-clogging spam e-mail messages delivered this year. Experts know this because there were 30 trillion spam messages last year. With this much hay in the stack, it's hard to find those ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
- HP to launch 3D printers this year
- HP's new printers move the paper not the ink
- BlackBerry 10 devices are probably dead
- Microsoft ships first Windows 10 upgrade to corporate PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW